Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cube Fritzz…..anyone have one? Pics?
  • smogmonster

Thinking about getting of these as a treat for my forthcoming Alps trip, look incredible value but cant find much in the way of reviews, so has anyone got one, if so are they any good? Post your pics as well please.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Built one up the other week, very nice bit of kit, owner loves it.

Sorry bout the pic quality, taken on phone.

mikey74
    Free Member

Shock looks very vulnerable to muck. I don't have one but have heard that the rear mud guard does very little to protect the shock.

ojom
    Free Member

The rear guard DOES help.

Fantastic value bike, the 2010 had some mods to it, more standover and a fiddle with the geometry to maker it feel lower and longer.

The older shape (to some people) felt high and short.

Nice bike btw – great value. One of those 'no upgrades needed' types.

mikey74
    Free Member

Nice use of CAPITALS there 🙄

I can see from here that the shock will still get plastered at every opportunity.

ojom
    Free Member

The mudguard is not installed in the pic – so all you can see is an unguarded shock. I was referring to a guarded shock. Help?

smogmonster

TBC – are you the same shop that does discounts for White Room customers? Its them i'm off to the Alps with…do you discount the Fritzz at all?

ojom
    Free Member

Smogmonster- yep that's us.

Good choice with Steve and Iona btw.
    I will be in the shop in 30 mins if would like to chat.

Prefer speaking to emailing.
    Your WR discount would be applicable.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I've heard the rear shock guard does help. But that was from people who actually ride them and one is an Alpine guide. Cube have been using the design now for a few years now with no issues.

matty-B
    Free Member

I picked up mine last week after test riding a few different 160mm travel bikes, and spent the weekend on it in the Lake District. Agree with the comments that its long and low, the BB seems lower than the Spicy I tested, which makes it feel very planted through corners and downhill. I managed to get a big day in on it over the Garburn Pass then on to Nan Bield and back, and it was great up and down the passes.

The bikes stunning spec from stock for the price, I've only changed the stem from standard in the pic as mine came with a 90mmm stem, swapped for a 70 but may go shorter for DH only days. Mudguard does work ok, doesn't keep the shock 100% clean, but it gets no more muddy than a shock on the other side of the seat tube, time will tell how well it copes.

matty-B
    Free Member

obligatory cameraphone pix.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cube Fritzz…..anyone have one? Pics?’ is closed to new replies.