Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cube Cross Race sizing
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

Anyone had/got a Cube Cross Race?

Im 6′ tall so have been looking at 56cm bikes from the likes of Cannondale and Giant (CAADX and TCX). But seen this Cube which look good. sizing is a bit confusing though.

The Cube sizing seems to go on seat tube length rather than top tube.

What are the sizes like? The 56cm only has a 54.5 cm top tube?

Any previous experience?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

The Cube sizing seems to go on seat tube length rather than top tube.

Erm, all bikes do? Effective seat tube length.

(Dimension B on the Cannondale site)

(It’s not a particularly good way of measuring, but thats another discussion.)

andyt1054
    Free Member

If it’s any help I’m the same height as you, generally long legs and shorter than average arms. I had a pro bike fit when I bought a cube gtc agree pro. I ended up with a 60cm !?! frame size. My other road bikes have always been 54/56.

Good look!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Haha. Wonderful! Thanks for the tip!

Looks like I might actually have to go and get a fitting done to see what I need.

I’m riding an XL Mountain bike, and it doesnt feel especially big.

I was just going on size charts from the likes of giant and cannondale. But sounds like that isnt the way to go.

Thanks.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I was just going on size charts from the likes of giant and cannondale. But sounds like that isnt the way to go.

it is the way to go if you are comparing the dimensions that matter and know what fits you- then pick the frame “size” (as used by Cube) for the right bike. Their labelled sizing is whack and people often have to go 2 sizes up compared to other brand’s labelling as andy says. 56 sounds right for you on a C’dale (I’m on a 54 SuperX at 5’10”), so what size Cube has a similar top tube length to a 56 CaadX? (I’d guess 60)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cube Cross Race sizing’ is closed to new replies.