Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cube bikes
  • wingnut31
    Free Member

Anyone here own a Cube Stereo, been thinking of getting one and the few reviews I have seen seem to say good things. The spec you get compared to some of the big brands seems to be amazing value for money, anyone have any info for me ? Thanks…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got one, bought a 2010 frame and built it up myself with 160mm forks, the forks mostly just for the reason that they were the only forks I had to use, but I also wanted to raise the BB a touch, so it suited me. I’m very happy with it. Almost everything is good. However, the low BB has good and bad points. Good, if you like play biking, because it’s very confidence inspiring being sat in the bike at such a low position. Bad, as a low BB means pedal strikes, so you have to be thinking about timing your pedal strokes amongst rocks and other ground obsticals. That little disadvantage is small IMO, you learn to learn timing those pedal strokes in occasional situations. I bought it because of the low BB, it’s how I like it. I wasn’t disappointed, great bike IMO.
    I’m also a fan of that suspension system, I’m sure more USA manufacturers would use it if the patent wasn’t so closely guarded by Specialized and Ellsworth.

beargotsoul

I have a 2010 stereo the one, fantastic bike. Pedal strikes are the only downside.

Dirt did a review and rated it. Can also find another review here issue 3 and 11 I think http://www.imbikemag.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cube bikes’ is closed to new replies.