Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cube bars and stem seem really flexy
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I purchased a Cube bike last year and whilst the spec was good for the price, I always had a feeling that the wheels and bars and stem were not of great quality.

The bars are 720mm wide and if I stand over the bike and pull hard up on each side there seems to be quite a fair amount of flex. I am not sure whether this is the stem twisting slightly or the bars giving too.

Is it worth spending the money replacing them or will I still get flex on 720mm bars regardless of how much I spend?

Thanks

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The bars are 720mm wide and if I stand over the bike and pull hard up on each side there seems to be quite a fair amount of flex.

Don’t pull on the bars then!

Is it worth spending the money replacing them

Doubt you’d notice very much difference TBH.

OEM stuff is 95% as good as anything these days. Personally I wouldn’t spend more than about £25 on stem or bars.

scotroutes

A lot of the Cube stuff is made by Syntace – and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that! It’s natural (and desirable) to have some flex.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Yes. The stuff on my bike is Syntace. If flex is natural and desirable then I will stick with it and save my money

rumple
    Free Member

If you have a 29er then it might be that the spokes on the front wheel need more tension as the wheels can sometimes be quite flimsy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cube bars and stem seem really flexy’ is closed to new replies.