Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cube AMS120 Headset help
  • jamesy01
    Free Member

Bought myself the AMS120 frameset form bike-discount and to cut a long story short having twice sent the wrong headset they no longer supply the FSA Cone Cube Edition Z-t.
    Apart from the Canecreak 40 pick n mix options does anyone know what else i can look at.
    Top cup ZS44
    Lower cup IS52 1,5 to 1 1/8
    The other potential ballache is that I’m not sure if I’ll use the 1 1/8 Recon supplied or swap it out for the tapered Rev off my Parkwood.
    Cheers

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Are you sure the IS52 from Cane Creek is the right one? As the bearing doesn’t look right to me..
    Easiest way IMO is to get the proper 1.5 lower headset (crown race & bearing, as should be fully integrated on the AMS) then get a reducer crown race form the likes of Hope.
    Never going to be completely straightforward as that frame was never available as a frame only, so it’s either a warranty frame being sold off or a bike’s been stripped.

swhoward

My LBS sorted me out with a replacement lower race for my AMS 120 recently – talk to Sandy at The Trailhead

sazter

I had a cube ams 125 with the same headset and I swapped it out for an offset one from works, you will maybe get one from them?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cube AMS120 Headset help’ is closed to new replies.