Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cube Ams pro main pivot bearing – how to get to it?
  • kevj
    Free Member

Yesterday while doing the Howgill loop, I started to get chain suck from the bottom ring on the crank.
    This has happened before when I damaged the main pivot bearing, causing the rear swing arm to pull out to the right and the chain to catch on the middle ring.
    I can get relacement bearings easily enough, but I can’t get to them.
    Last time I emailed Cube and they said to use an authorised dealer, but I want to fix this myself.
    I can’t find a service manual online, at least not one with an exploded diagram or walk through of how to access the bearings which is a bit annoying.

Anyone know the procedure or can point me in the right direction?

Cheers, Kev.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, if you bounce me over an email, I’ll see what I can do to help.

kevj
    Free Member

Cheers, sent an email over.

thegreendrink
    Free Member

Hi Kev,

In a similar situation, asked Cube for details on how to remove and replace. Seems to have fallen on deaf ears. They told me the part number to order through a dealer, but no guidance.

Have you managed to get it sorted? Was hoping you might be able to forward on some details about the removing and replacing?

Would really appreciate it, have been off the bike now for 3 weeks and starting to lazy!

Thanks
    Neil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cube Ams pro main pivot bearing – how to get to it?’ is closed to new replies.