Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cube Acid – opinions ?
  • iainc

this one. Looking for a reasonable specced lightish hardtail for my son who is growing out of his Islabike Beinn 26. He had a sit on a 16 inch Cube Attention in LBS yesterday. This is an extra £100 but full deore and 1.2kg lighter. Would hope to buy near year end when LBS do decent annual sale.

spec is great for the money compared to most others, anything I should be worried about ?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

We’ve sold loads of those this year.
    Great bikes for the money, they are bright though, so make sure he/you like the colour!
    I wouldn’t leave it too long though, unless your LBS is going to save one for you as I can see them selling out before the end of the model year.

iainc

Thanks, will give shop a shout I think. Didn’t realise the 2015 ones would be shifting so fast already !

iainc

Ordered and arrived at LBS 😀

Just need to keep it out of sight of prying eyes for a few months now !

ecopan87
    Free Member

Where did you manage to pick on up from in the end, am interested in one myself, thanks

iainc

Dales in Glasgow is my LBS and also sponsors our club, GMBC. They are a Cube dealer but didn’t have any in stock but ordered me one – top guys !

Really looking forward to getting the wee guy out on it, spec looks superb although the jury’s out on the Manitou forks …

Crell
    Free Member

They’re nice bikes for the money. They work well for kids because they (did) come in small 26″ sizes and have a fairly short TT. I got one for my son a few years ago and my daughter uses it now.

I also put a shorter stem on and cut down the bars though he was a tall 9 year old at the time.

Depending on how old he is think about flipping the stem to lower the bars, and stick flats on if they’re risers…but if he’s outgrowing the Beinn probably not necessary.

iainc

Thanks Crell, yes, sized up the geometry in comparison to his Islabikes and think it will be ideal. He will be 12 in December and average height and build for age. Also hope that the Manitiou works well with light riders, although wish they had left it with the Rockshox one..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cube Acid – opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.