Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • CTD volume spacer kit. Where can I get one?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’m looking for a volume spacer kit for my CTD shock to help stopping it blowing through its travel so easily.

Mojo are out of stock and I can’t see any elsewhere. Anyone have any suggestions where I might be able to pick one up from?

Thanks.

perthmtb
    Free Member
    mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

Give http://www.sussedoutsuspension.com
    I had my volume rducers from them

daveh
    Free Member

What size spacer you after? I think I’ve got 2 left.

foxman
    Free Member

TFtuned

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, should be able to source some through one of those links now!

I did see the Winstanleys kit, called them this morning but the kit is only suitable for forks.

daveh – Member
    What size spacer you after? I think I’ve got 2 left.

I’ll be completely honest I haven’t got a clue thanks. Reading round some CTDs do come with one already fitted so I will have to pop mine open see what’s in there and work my way up.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

@daveh

I’ve been told I can only fit the 0.2″ spacer to my shock, had a look inside my shock and there’s nothing there.

If you do have a spare 0.2″ spacer I would gladly buy it off you.

Thanks.

renton
    Free Member

Sometimes the reducer is stuck right up above the metal spacer thing so you can’t always see it.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Cheers Renton, I did pull the o-ring and washer right down. There’s definitely nothing in there.

renton
    Free Member

Sweet. I nearly made that mistake that’s all.

What bike is it and how heavy are you.

I was having the same issue on my 2015 Trance and in the end sent it to mojo for a custom tune for my weight.

Loads better now.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

It’s on a Spitfire, weigh roughly 12 stone fully kitted.

Not really sold on spending more money on the shock, keep leaning towards a CC inline but I’m not sure.

daveh
    Free Member

I don’t have the 2 smallest anymore unfortunately, sold them on here to someone with a shock like yours, where only the wee ones would fit. I don’t think I’d bother if I was you, 0.2 will make a slight difference but its not going to transform its behaviour. I ended up PUSHing mine to sort it at the advice of TFTuned (over buying a CCDB Air).

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

No worries Dave, thanks for letting me know.

So was the tune worth it? How much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

zippykona

Is this what you need?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Possibly!

I can only use the 0.2″ spacer so if you have the means to measure the smallest one you have and it’s the one I need, I will gladly buy it off you.

Thanks.

renton
    Free Member

Curious as to why you can only use the smallest one ?

zippykona

The smallest one is about 5mm. If thats any use email me your address and it’s yours for whatever you want to pop in a charity pot.

daveh
    Free Member

I think the smallest in that pic is the 0.4, details here. PUSH transformed the shock, far better small bump compliance, better mid stroke support, bottom out roughly the same. Not cheap though, think it was around £160 (gets a full service at the same time). As it’s a custom tune you can ask for whatever characteristics you like.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    The smallest one is about 5mm. If thats any use email me your address and it’s yours for whatever you want to pop in a charity pot.

If it is 5mm that works out as 0.2″ so will gladly donate to a charity of your choice 😀

Will send you an email shortly if that’s ok? Thanks.

daveh – Member
    I think the smallest in that pic is the 0.4, details here. PUSH transformed the shock, far better small bump compliance, better mid stroke support, bottom out roughly the same. Not cheap though, think it was around £160 (gets a full service at the same time). As it’s a custom tune you can ask for whatever characteristics you like

Cheers Dave, will take that into consideration. I was probably going to order the inline from TF so will see how the spacer works out before I speak to them and decide which way to go. Thanks again.

renton – Member
    Curious as to why you can only use the smallest one ?

If you follow the link Dave posted above, not all shocks can use each spacer. I’ve been told that with my shock I can only use the smallest spacer.

renton
    Free Member

Really didn’t know that.

I would still look at a custom tune before spending loads on a ccil. Apparently you still have to fit volume spacers to them to.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

What else does a custom tune involve other than fitting the right volume spacer and setting the air and rebound?

renton
    Free Member

On my job sheet from mojo it mentions spacers or shims.

daveh
    Free Member

What else does a custom tune involve other than fitting the right volume spacer and setting the air and rebound?

Depends on what’s in there and what gets replaced. If there’s a shim stack or similar the number/strength of the shims can be altered in the different damping circuits (propedal, compression, rebound, lockout, high low speed). The PUSH tune replaces the standard piston with a high flow one, but then it gets shimmed to your weight/bike/riding style. You can also add a big hit tune which I think is basically a bottom out bumper.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Sorted now thanks to zippykona, cheers mate.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘CTD volume spacer kit. Where can I get one?’ is closed to new replies.