• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CTD Shock – climb mode stopped working
  • phy7tes
    Free Member

I have a 2014? CTD shock on my 2014 Canyon Spectral 7.9. I’ve had the bike for around a year. Until tonight the climb mode had worked pretty effectively to eliminate pedal bob, felt almost like a hardtail and was very useful on steep road climbs. Switched it on tonight and when standing up to pedal I looked down to check if I had actually switched it on (I had) as it was bobbing about all over the place.

I’ve not serviced the shock at all since I bought it.

Anybody else experienced this? Any easy fixes?

Cheers

RickDraper
    Free Member

Needs a full service.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Is it on a downhill bike? 😆
    I’m not familiar with a spectral

mikewsmith
    Free Member

less than a year? Back for warranty

phy7tes
    Free Member

I hadn’t considered that it would still be under warranty. It is just under a year old, have emailed Canyon! Cheers Mike.

Would still be interested to know if this is a common problem and what people normally do to fix it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Needs a rebuild somewhere that can re charge it. Had one go twice now, now on undated internals.

phy7tes
    Free Member

How’s it running on the updated internals MIke? Does it bottom out any less?!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m running it on VPP, it never really bottomed unless I made it.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

The climb position on my Spectral 7.9, is not a lockout, it just firms up slightly (although might get it pushed to make firmer).

LoCo
    Free Member

The fault is most likely down to an internal gas leak, meaning the oil has nitrogen bubbles in it leading to the reduced affect of the Climb mode.
    A full service will rectify this.

strike
    Free Member

When you have a leak ie gas has passed in to the oil, is it audible ie like when a shock cavitates and you get the squelching noise on first compression?

LoCo
    Free Member

Depends on the amount of gas in the oil, but generally yes, the more gas in oil the louder it’ll be.
    With air shocks like the fox you can get some noise from the float fluid air seal lube in the aircan when it passes through he negative transfer port at the start of the travel too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CTD Shock – climb mode stopped working’ is closed to new replies.