Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CTD Lever Stuck
  • roverpig

Following a rather muddy ride (and a clean) the lever on my Fox Factory CTD BV shock is getting stuck. Sometimes I can turn it from one position (C, T or D) to another, but then it will get stuck and only turn one way (or be reluctant to turn at all). I’m guessing that I’ve got some grit in the mechanism.

So, is it easy (or even possible) to dismantle the lever, or should I just squirt a bit of GT85 in there and see if I can blast the grit out?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Been having same issue with mine recently, I removed the shock and using a toothbrush and some de-greaser (or wd40 etc) i just gave it a good clean out switching between each position (when it would switch) and now it seems ok again. I was advised not to take it apart.

roverpig

Thanks. A toothbrush and a bit of GT85 it is then.

LoCo
    Free Member

Possibly dirt on the detent ball bearing spring and in the holes on the underside of the blue lever (DON’T TRY AND REMOVE IT!) So give it a clean up.
    Or it maybe one of the control rods (inside damper) jamming which would require a rebuild (warranty if under 12 months remember)
    Any queries feel free to drop us a mail as always :-D.

roverpig

Thanks. I’ll try the toothbrush trick and let you know how I get on. Only got this frame and shock (new) in September, so I guess it would be covered by warranty, but I’d rather just get it working if I can.

catvet
    Free Member

Same problem, spray lube and good blast with compressed air helped !!

roverpig

Thanks all. It took a lot of GT85 and I was just at the point of giving up and contacting LoCo when it started working again. We’ll see how it copes with the next few rides, which I’m sure will be just as muddy, but for now it seems to be fine.

pipiom
    Free Member

Just had same with my CTD shock …… thin chain lube pipe fired in under the lever and eventually it freed up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CTD Lever Stuck’ is closed to new replies.