Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CT1 Sealant
  • robidoo
    Free Member

Has anyone used it, is it the best stuff for sealing round bath/shower I have used loads of other sealants from shops own to brand names but they allways crack after a while.
    where can I get it from (cheapest) done a quick search and some places want upto £8 postage:evil:
    Cheers Rob.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I use everbuild forever white, mapei silicone, or dow corning 785. Won't go wrong with any.
    Should get it for around 5 quid from good tile shops.

Burls72
    Free Member

I've been using it recently for the first time. It's very good stuff, strong, flexible and can be used on wet surfaces but I wouldn't use it for sealing around a bath/shower. If it's just a sealant your after use a polyurethane sealant which is the same type of thing as silicone but lasts longer/uv resistant/easier to use but more expensive. If it's a sealant and adhesive your after try plumbers gold it's made for just that type of application and its cheaper, £5.74 from tool station. CT1 and Plumbers Gold are worlds apart from the no-nails rubbish.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Or screwfix for all the above come to think of it.
    Make sure everything is perfectly dry and remove as much of the old as possible. Use silicone eater for the residue, I use geocel, don't get it on your fingers tho!

robidoo
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CT1 Sealant’ is closed to new replies.