Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cryptic Cotic email?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Cotic no longer at the London show as their shiny new things aren’t ready.

Wonder what these shiny new things are…?

wwaswas

the Rockets being made at their UK factory?

matther01
    Free Member

Was hoping for a new model of some kind to be unveiled.

robbonzo
    Free Member

I reckon pocket rocket. Or a long travel 29er…

daftvader
    Free Member

Its a pain in the arris is what it is as they were one of the main peoplei was goingto see at the show. I had hoped they were unveiling a pocket rocket type of bike. Oh well never mind.

roverpig

A Cotic full suss 29er would cause me some problems. I’m waiting to see whether Orange bring out a revised version of the Gyro this year. Another UK built full suss 29er, would confuse matters. But surely the smart money has to be on the pocket rocket as they’ve already announced that one haven’t they?

2-sevens-clash
    Free Member

OT I know, but I would buy a COTIC CRYPTIC OPTIC. If it existed.

And an On-One 45650B – oh old on, that one does exist…

timc
    Free Member

Being a cynic I suspect thats just an excuse & the real reason is different, probably finacial. Im sure Ill be told Im wrong mind 😈

daftvader
    Free Member

Roverpig I have asked them on several occasions if there is going to be a pocket rocket and have never been given a proper answer. Its always been “sign up to the newsletter and fb for all info”. Bit annoying tbh.

Dark-Side

It’s a bit rubbish for the show though. Surely they have enough existing interesting kit to exhibit?

Northwind

I was speaking to them yesterday and it was all go then trying to get ready for the show. Maybe I delayed them by talking pish for half an hour!

matther01
    Free Member

I would have loved to see a purple bfe sporting pikes…if I had been going.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The email came as cross to me as though there weren’t going out of principal.

A few shots at the event as if the organiser had annoyed them.

matther01
    Free Member

Yep…just re-read the second para and defo a pot shot at someone down there.

Dark-Side

What was said in the email? I thought I was on the Cotic mailing list, Strange,

Merak

I think that they are due to release the replacement for the X in March. Apparently a drop bar do it all, tourer, toe path, commuter type machine.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Cy tweeted this earlier: “Seeing all the tweets of tired annoyed people setting up for London show makes me feel very glad and relived I threw a strop & pulled out.”

misinformer
    Free Member

Trade shows = pants most of its already on the Internet so paying hard earned to look at something you then have to wait to be released is a bit of a pita

On top of that there’s about 5 major trade shows a year it’s effing ridiculous

Hats off to them for saying screw bike shows.That’s how I read it anyway.

kelvin

The email….

To those of you hoping to meet up with us in London this weekend: sorry.

We were hoping to show you all the new shiny this weekend at the London Bike Show, but things simply aren’t ready in time. So, we’ll be launching products as and when they’re ready, and not before, here in Yorkshire. We know this will be a big disappointment to those of you who wanted to see our bikes “in the metal”, but we feel that turning up with just the current range would be just as disappointing.

So, look out for new things by us, but being launched up here, not down there. And, if you want to get hands on time with our bikes, please come to a demo day, where you can hit the trails on the bikes, not just stare at them under artificial lights.

I’ll answer a few of the queries if I can, just from my involvement getting things ready for the show…

1) Yes, Cy hoped to show a UK built Rocket, but it’s not ready to go to powdercoat yet, so will be shown off in the near future, and not this weekend in London.

2) There’s a batch of something new on a boat from Taiwan, not yet arrived yet, probably next week.

3) Not about money, as stand already paid for.

4) Not a dig at the show, it’s just that the bikes aren’t ready so won’t be launched there.

5) Yes, shows are hard work. Useful if showing off new things. New Cotic things aren’t ready.

2014 has lots to offer… I can’t join in the conjecture on what new models might be coming at this point…

drapper
    Free Member

I’m just excited about the ‘new’ Cotic stuff! really hope they consider a mid-size wheel bike…. but that’s a dirt word around here!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

toe path

Now that’s niche!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cryptic Cotic email?’ is closed to new replies.