Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Crush washers – decent source?
  • bramblesummer
    Free Member

I’ve been hunting around for 8mm and 13mm plastic crush washers recently. There are nice big packs of 8mm ones available on eBay for rockshox forks (I’m assuming there’s no issue using these on a fox fork) but a bit of a lack of 13mm plastic crush washers about. Anyone got a decent source for 50 odd 13mm ones?

thepurist

I’ve always just reused the ones I took off, and nothing has exploded yet.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

re-use isn’t really an option in this case, but I’m well aware it can be done.

Phil_H

I’ve been using the rockshox ones on my fox forks. Not noticed any difference.

poah
    Free Member

try amazon or jtech

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

I’ve a big bag of crush washer, and foam seals if your after a set? can shove up on ebay for a decent price. bought in bulk and intended to list but no can do. Just looking to recoup what I paid. so will be fair price. just let me know what you need and I can sort that out.

bhill22
    Free Member

I have been waiting to see what replies/options offered, as i am in same situation, please list as i would be interested
    TiA

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I have had mixed results re-using so always replace, as not really expensive so why not…

That being said the 36’s use two different sizes, one readily available in bulk that are the same as the RS pike ones… I have a big bag of those, and a larger size that I couldn’t find anywhere.

So bought a handful from mojo, for a lot more…. still will get the job done

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

so I have 48 x 8mm crush washers cups (silver)
    48 x x 8 mm plastic crush washers (black)
    18 x 35 mm x 6mm foam rings for pikes

looking to keep some back for next few services but happy to sell the rest

bhill22
    Free Member

vitusbigwheeled drop me an email on
    cphill22 AT talktalk DOT net
    please sort it out
    thx

bramblesummer
    Free Member

It’s the 13mm one that’s the issue on fox 36’s. seems a little steep paying £1 a washer from most sources!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Crush washers – decent source?’ is closed to new replies.