Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Xfusion dropper seat angle adjustment?
  • pedlad

Hi I’m having to borrow a mates old bike for a weekend trip as my new frame hasn’t arrived..boo hoo

It has an old x fusion lever dropper and I need to lift the nose a bit. Undo the one bolt that holds outer plates retaining the saddle rails on the shaped inner rails. But when you take this apart I can see no way to move inner plates thus adjusting angle?

Anyone recognise this set up and know what to do.

jimw
    Free Member

Edit:
    wrong post!!

Very sorry, got confused between my Giant and x-fusion posts, original reply was for the giant

pedlad

Ok thanks will have a play

steezysix
    Free Member

Unless it’s seized for some reason, you just need to loosen the bolt (not take it out) and the saddle will tilt up and down fairly easily. The problem I had with mine was getting the bolt done up tight enough afterwards to stop it moving about while sat on it.

rossp
    Free Member

The tend to seize up a tiny bit, once the bolt is out, stick a screwdriver through the bolt hole so it rests on the opposite face, and give it a tap, should release it.

paladin

If I remember correctly, the inner plates of mine stuck onto the central bit and needed a screwdriver to pry them off to allow movement.

riddoch

The xfusion manual suggest using some grip paste non slip stuff to stop the rotation but it does seem to stick the plates into the body a bit. Make sure both sides are free, saddles a bit uncomfortable when they get twisted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Xfusion dropper seat angle adjustment?’ is closed to new replies.