Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Crumpler Courier Bag With Missing Strap
  • monksie
    Free Member

Does anybody have any idea how I can fasten the webbing that is the lower part of the sturnum strap to the base of my courier bag?
    Normal size sewing needles aren’t strong enough to go through the webbing and if use larger needles and force it through it will leave a hole so big I’d need to use string to sew it up.
    I bought the bag from Ebay and although it was described as perfect, it clearly isn’t. The seller is having none of it and I can’t be bothered with arguing the toss.
    I’ve managed to get the correct size webbing and buckle, I just need to suss out how to attach it firmly. It’s a huge size bag and when it’s right it will be carrying quite a lot of stuff so it needs to be firmly attached. My 13 year old suggested sellotape. She’s not the most practical and I think she’s bored of me obsessing about it but such is my mental state 🙂
    Thank you

wwaswas
    BigJohn

I’ve used ordinary pop rivets on things like windsurf sails. Nip down to your local cobbler though and he’ll do it in a flash.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Or go to a bag repairer.

BigJohn

I find the key advantage that cobblers have over bag repairers is that cobblers exist.

ourmaninthenorth

I reckon a polite PM to bunnyhop off here might do the trick… (tho I could be wrong)

Esme
    Free Member

Alternatively, get hold of suitable needle and thread for sewing leather. You could use leather glue to hold the strap in place while you sew it.

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks for all the tips. Very obvious now you mention it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Crumpler Courier Bag With Missing Strap’ is closed to new replies.