Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Crud Road Racer mudguards – different types?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting some and I know they're going to be snug whatever I put them on, but it appears there's a fighting chance of them fitting my Roubaix with 23c tyres (though I'd love to know for sure!) I've been on the Crud website and found the fitting tips vids, which will come in handy, I think.

Just looking on the web for somewhere to get them from, there seems to be a range of prices and weights shown – lots of variance on price, but I guess you get that with most kit, but some places are saying 260g / pair and other places 180g / pair.

Were / are there different versions or models?

Cheers in advance for your help. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

As far as I'm aware, there has only ever been one type.

I reckon Crud could "clean up" if they made a wider model for CX-style bikes with no clearance/fittings – something that would accept a tyre up to a 32c or thereabouts.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Cool; thanks druidh. You're right – it's very restrictive having such a tiny range of suitable tyres. It doesn't even sound as if 25c work that well all the time. I'm swapping back from 25c to take these, so they'd better be worth the loss in comfort (ahem!) I'll get some on order (found them for £17 posted on ebay) and will report back…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Crud Road Racer mudguards – different types?’ is closed to new replies.