Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crud Products – great customer service
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Just wanting to spread a bit of love for Crud.

I managed to cross thread the bolt on my crud race guard and I needed a new one. On their website you can buy a new bracket with the bolt but not the bolt alone so I emailed them asking what I could do thinking they’d say I could buy one for a couple of quid. This was Sunday night, half an hour later I had a reply asking for my address and they’ll send one out on Monday. Great service.

Packet arrived yesterday with not only a bolt but the whole bracket which they sell on their site. Amazing service really.

I know it probably cost a few pence to do this but it means I’m still using their product and will likely use them again if I need a new mudguard or something. I’m still using a race guard that is almost 20 years old.

Like I said, there’s a lot of bad customer service around, I thought I’d let people know of some good customer service instead.

pocpoc
    Free Member

+1 for Crud service
    I broke something or other (can’t remember what) on my set of 1st gen Roadracers a couple of years back. Quick email and they sent the spare parts out free of charge within a couple of days.
    Also then left the same roadracers in the shed over the summer and managed to completely distort them. Emailed asking if they had any recommendation for saving them and had some good back and forth conversation that eventually ended up with me sticking them in the oven on a lowish temp for a fewe minutes to let them relax back.

wwaswas

I managed to cross thread the bolt on one of mine last week. I now feel like I’d be jumping on the bandwagon if I emailed them 🙁

swoosh
    Free Member

The new bracket has a little lug in the bolt space to prevent it spinning when tightening so it’s definitely better than the old one . I probably would have paid the few quid for one if I knew they had improved the design.

ctk
    Free Member

They included spare bolts etc when I bought the guards in the first place which I thought was brill.

stumpy01

I had one of the original versions of the re-designed guard with the large nut/bolt assembly. There was nothing to stop the ‘nut’ side of the fastener from spinning in the plastic.

There was a thread here about it and I’m sure the guy from Crud popped up.
    He mentioned e-mailing him my details and he’d send me out a new bracket with modified parts (the lug that is now on the newer brackets).

He never did send them. I even e-mailed a reminder after a week or two & heard nothing….must have slipped through the net.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crud Products – great customer service’ is closed to new replies.