Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crud Catcher Bosses
  • sneakyjean
    Free Member

Want to drill & fit Crud Catcher riveted bosses to u/s of down tube – who can do – any ideas?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You could do it yourself if you have the tools, or a local engineering/fabrication place might be able to help. It’s just drilling hole and bunging a rivet in. Takes minutes.

IME, Rivnuts can work loose. Zip ties not an option?

tang
    Free Member

cy from cotic said it was a bad idea in his opinion on 853 frames(we were talking about the soul esp) due to the thinness of the tubing in that place. an old orange of mine had them and it was tidy looking and the crud didnt slip/rub.

brant
    Free Member

Drilling holes in the stressed surface of an already highly stressed tube, to securely mount a plastic mudguard that then won’t move when you crash… All for the sake of a “neater look”?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would use cable ties and / or rubber bands

Drilling a frame is never a good idea IMO

Edric64
    Free Member

Weakening a frame to keep a bit of shit off is not a good idea .

sneakyjean
    Free Member

Having had the bosses on a Geneses 853 with no problems I thought it maybe an option on a Ti frame?

Edric64
    Free Member

Dave Yates didn’t like the idea when a mate suggested it on his 853 frame on a course a couple of years ago

LardLover
    Free Member

I drilled my Dave Yates Diablo frame years back to put some bosses in for a Crud Catcher.

Mr Yates wasn’t the least bit happy when I took the frame in for a respray 😳
    Apparantely it’s not a good idea. I didn’t have the frame long after that, decided to sell it on.

jamesb
    Free Member

considering drilling two holes in one of the key franme areas, ie where stresses from headtube are relayed down—-NOT a good idea at all; just use zipties / elastic straps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crud Catcher Bosses’ is closed to new replies.