Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Crud Catcher
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Does anyone still use the good old Crud Catcher on their bikes or is it all just fork mounted jobs like Mudhugger now? The only reason I ask is that I am reluctant to attach zip ties to my brand new Fox forks knowing that paint loss is pretty much guaranteed with this method!
    Trevor.

legend
    Free Member

Just put some helitape or similar on the contact points, sorted. Crud Catchers are still fine, fork mounted kit does a much better job of keeping mud away from the eyes

Yak

Crud catchers keep your bottle clean (ish). That’s my reason for using it in winter.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

Try the mucky nutz downtube version of a crud catcher – does the same, weighs less, on and off with Velcro in seconds. Conbined with their fork one they stop virtually all the muck.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Crud Catcher here.

Keeps the sh1t out of my face as well as any other, protects the downtube & stops rocks being spat into my shins.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I prefer the SKS MTB blade. It attaches via an expanding nut up the inside of the steerer so no contact with the forks. Provides plenty of protection from crap getting into your face and blowing forward through the forks and coming back at you. Plenty robust enough to manage rough trails and jumps and is easily detached by pushing a button and sliding off the expanding nut/bung.

flaps
    Free Member

I removed the rear one as it looked and performed crap. It stopped a bit of mud but my back was still wet through so there was no real point.
    On the front I’ve an Enduro Guard that came with zip ties too and like you I was concerned as my bike was new in Jan. I just put some black electrical tape under where the tie goes, you can barely tell too!

pitduck
    Free Member

on the front, combined with inner tube crown to sliders,still the bestist imho

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve got them front and back in the winter, and also using a fork mount front one – between that and a crud on the frame, I’m pretty well protected from the crap the front wheel throws up. The rear is less effective on my full sus, but my other half has one on her hardtail, which can mount pretty close to the wheel and is very effective.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Crud Catcher’ is closed to new replies.