Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crowsfoot wrench.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Need a couple of these, one in 19mm and the other in one inch. Although they’ll not seem too much use. Just wondering if anyone has used an adjustable version? Are they any use or am I better off getting cheaper versions of the right fit?

parkesie
    Free Member

Adjustable crow

Should do the job individual ones are less bulky but may well cost as much to get as individuals as buying a metric set and a imperial set to get the 2 you want.

neilwheel
    Free Member

You learn something new everyday.

I imagine they are as effective as an adjustable and used with due care should be fine, you get what you pay for. Weigh up the cost difference and will you use the adjustable one any other time.

Ultimately, IMO and without any experience of the adjustable version, it depends on how much torque you need to apply, how often and what are the implications of a rounded fixing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Both will only go to 50Nm max.

Although I’ve just noticed that the adjustable changes angle depending on jaw width so it isn’t going to work with a torque wrench.

parkesie
    Free Member

19mm can be had in a set for about £18 its the 1 inch that will be hard to find and then only from a big brand for around £30 if your lucky.

Never used the adjustable just knew it existed already have a metric set. That cover most things and some imperial spanners bent into crazy shapes for those hard to reach pipes.

walleater

https://store.snapon.com/Adjustable-inches-mm-Wrench-Crowfoot-Adjustable-3-8-drive-P644784.aspx

No idea how easy they are to source in the UK, but Sram were using them the other week when they were doing some training with us, so I bought one too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Now that is very nice indeed!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crowsfoot wrench.’ is closed to new replies.