Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crown Race 1.5 – 11/8th needed for my tapered headtube
  • ruskiedog
    Free Member

Bought the 2010 Giant Anthem X Advanced SL which has a tapered headtube and FSA integrated headset but want to run my Fox 100 RLT on it and not have to buy a new fork! Ideas?

foxyrider
    Free Member

edit sorry Tapered headset?

Get an std headset:

and a reducer:

ruskiedog
    Free Member

yes comes pre-installed with tapered headset, bottom is a 1.5 bearing so i need a crown race that will sit on the 1.5 bearing but reduces down to a 11/8th to take the fork. The top is a 11/8th anyhow so don;t need to touch that.

steveh

I think you’ll need a new headset bearing from fsa not just a crown race.

foxyrider
    Free Member

sorry as above – you just need a lower reducer to fit into the bottom of the headtube and then you can fit the (in this case a hope) std 1 1/8 bearing in. Oh and as above a new crown race so you’d be best just to get a new std headset and fit a reducer 🙂 (sorry late and I can’t type or think!!) 😉

ruskiedog
    Free Member

Someone pointed me to this: http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/cane-creek-crown-race-15-to-1-1-8-conv-xxc-id57040.html

but not sure if the race will be compatible with the 1.5 bearing that came with it? I guess if not i could get the bearing and crown race?

foxyrider – no ways do i want to remove the bottom cup to fit a new reducer headset, the thing looks bonded and on a frame that’s 2.5K? eeeek

foxyrider
    Free Member

It sits in the frame recess if its integrated rather than semi integrated? You don’t need to remove the old one if it is truely integrated as you say it IS bonded in! It just fills in the gap!

ruskiedog
    Free Member

So the cup will just drop into the bonded one and then i add a 11/8th bearing and bobs your uncle?

ruskiedog
    Free Member

Thanks, so just need the bottom cup which i drop into the integrated section at bottom, bonded bit, and then the bearing to make it 11/8. Ok cant go wrong with hope either

foxyrider
    Free Member

YGM – looks like you need the hope reducer headset actually like on theh new carbon on-one bike as you have an integrated headset not an integral 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crown Race 1.5 – 11/8th needed for my tapered headtube’ is closed to new replies.