Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Crossride rant
  • FOG

About three years ago I had a good rant about a fairly new Mavic Crossride which had pretzeled on a very mild get off. I replaced with a set of hand built wheels which are still going very strong. However I had a problem with the rear wheel in my hack bike so I remembered the surviving Crossride rear lurking in the back of the garage. Swapped disc and cassette and rode off. Halfway round ride I noticed a broken spoke which I tie wrapped to another and carried on. When I got home I discovered spoke not broken but had come out of groove on hub. Goody thinks I 5 mins with spoke key. Not to be. One side of the groove had actually broken off making it impossible to repair. What a rubbish wheel, I will never again buy factory built. So now I have a front hub-no rim and a rear rim -no hub so I suppose I could make one wheel out of two! Very poor show Mavic!

bassspine
    Free Member

I have to say, Mavic can make some great rims, but their wheels…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I have 2 sets from 08 , and im a big lad are they are still going strong with no issues

luke4648
    Free Member

i've had a set for 2 1/2 years now apart from a rear hub regrease i've had no probs at all and i've ridden them hard at least twice a week every week.

stumpy01

Mate of mine bought some crossrides and they were garbage. Buckled in no time, broken spokes, expensive replacement spokes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Crossride rant’ is closed to new replies.