Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Crossride disc – hub problem
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Noticed yesterday that my front disc was wobbling a bit, thought i must have bumped it somewhere and it wasnt true.
    Swapped disc over onto another wheel to compare and it was fine.
    So it must be the hub, yes?
    Anyone got any suggestions? Its only forcing the disc to be out a mm or so either way, but its annoying.
    Could it be the hub shell (looks like eath flange is pressed onto the central shell) or the axle assembly at fault?
    HELP!

It was only its first ride since it bought it off the classifieds, humph!

singletrackmind

I have a borked crossland front wheel that i taco'd spooning up a landing.
    Its got a good hub on it , and i wouldnt mind betting the spokes are the same length. Its yours if you want it, Im on Hayling so can throw it across the Solent.
    as for fixing yours dunno without piccys or seeeing it in the metal

bigyinn
    Free Member

Aaah mr stm, i remember you from the island ride last year. How the devil are you?!
    Yes if you're sure you dont want it i'd be happy to experiment on or with it! Are they straight pull spokes on it?
    drop me a mail to paulDOTbeazerATyahooDOTcoDOTuk

Slogo
    Free Member

thats probably why it was sold. try a different disc on the hub. does it have centre lock adaptors?

Jaybee1978
    Free Member

Hi Paul,

It was me you bought the wheel off and sold in good faith. I had no issues with the front wheel when running it. Slogo – It wasn't sold for that reason. It was sold because I had a problem with the rear and ended up with an odd front wheel.

walleater

Can't you just adjust the bearing tension like you can with other Mavic hubs?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hi Jon, wasn't pointing fingers or accusing you of any underhand doings. Like i said its only a mm, but i like things to be 100%. Most (non-anal) people prob wouldnt have even noticed. I have no axe to grind, just looking for some solutions or feedback from others.
    Slogo, please don't cast unnecessary aspersions.

bigyinn
    Free Member

walleater The bearings are fine with no play, its the hub flanges not running 100% parallel. Wierd

Jaybee1978
    Free Member

No worries Paul/Slogo.

As I say it was sold it good faith but if there is something wrong with it by all means drop me an e – mail and we can try and sort something out.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Now the love has been restored, anyone else any theories?
    Could it be the bearings in on the skew?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anyone?

Macavity
    Free Member

If you wait until
    04 – 06/06/2010 world cup dh /4x FORT WILLIAM United Kingdom

"Underneath the yellow tents, on the day before and leading up to the start of the event, Mavic technical support will help any participant in any way that they are able to – within the limits of their means or obligations to the organisation. Our technicians will fix the problems of the participants, repair wheels plus offer help and technical advice. For this service, all labour is free of charge and any necessary parts and accessories will be charged at the recommended public price."

http://www.mavic.com/mtb/sport/assistance.aspx

or ask Mavic

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried another disc on it?

Tried truing it while in place?

singletrackmind

Will drop you a mail later on. IIRC you work on the mainland , so maybe one afternoon , have to Friday as I am busy wed and thur afternoon/evening. Maybe I can drop it at your work, Yes its a straight pull hub.

bigyinn
    Free Member

stm, i dont work in gosport anymore (yay!), i work in Ryde (my hometown, YAY!)
    Happy to cover any costs you may incur posting it. Anyway, drop me a mail and we'll sort something out.
    Macavity, thanks for that, but im on the isle of wight, nearly as far from FTW as you can get in the uk!
    cynic-al, the disc is fine, its perfectly true on another wheel, and another disc which true goes out of whack when mounted on the hub. I can see that the hub flange isnt running true, theres about 1mm run out (right term i think) on the hub disc flange when you spin the wheel.
    There are 2 possibilities as far as i can see.
    Hub flange not mounted properly or bearings not square.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Crossride disc – hub problem’ is closed to new replies.