Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Crossmax XL without tyres or other wheelset around £500
  • rab5474
    Free Member

Is there anywhere i can get a set of crossmax XL wheels without tyres. Or any other wheelsets around that are significantly better for general trail / “Enduro” (gnar) use.

Cheers
    Rab

wiggles
    Free Member

They come as the mavic WTS (wheel tyre system) so always come with tyres.

All of the similar spec mavics are around that price. If you know how or willing to pay someone too then you can get some great wheels for that sort of cost.

I have some DT EX471 rims built up on DT hubs, they are fairly light but very wide stiff and strong.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Hope Enduro wheelsets come in at sub £400 and would be a good option .

rab5474
    Free Member

I can do the lacing on wheels and the initial tension i normally just have my LBS finish them off, my default is normally flows on hopes but the weight is putting me off a little

hatter

I have Crossmax XL’s, cracking wheels so long as you keep on top of bearing tension for the first month. The tyres aren’t the best but they’re perfectly sufficient to do you until you can get them changed, or just flog ’em new.

nickdavies

Reckon you could do a pair of light bicycle carbon rims on DT 350’s for around £500 if the lbs finishes them? Dtswiss calc shows 1530 grams the pair on revs.

rab5474
    Free Member

Has anyone any working knowledge of superstar carbons, i remember there was a discussion a while ago about them but cant find the thread

poah
    Free Member

DT 1501 from bike-discount are a little over 500 I think

stevede
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some of the am carbon ultralights from superstar with the 20% off for £360 i think, hopefully they are ok!

rab5474
    Free Member

Steve let me know how they go

drovercycles
    Free Member

£500 might be aiming a bit low given that they’re £750 with tyres (worth £100). If you could persuade someone to credit you the full value of the tyres AND give 10% off then you’d be looking at £585.

I’d have thought most Mavic retailers would be receptive to swapping out the tyres for you. They’re not bad tyres at all, mind. But we’d certainly consider changing/removing them if that’s what a potential customer wanted.

They are cracking wheels and not really comparable to a set of Hope Hoops (which of course are themselves a decent set of wheels, though).

rab5474
    Free Member

@ Droverscycles they are £585 with tires from BikeDiscount.de so i presumed that if they were available without tyres they would cost around the £500 mark. That is my budget at the minute. I really want the Crossmax XL but i am struggling to look past the superstar carbons at the minute

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax XL without tyres or other wheelset around £500’ is closed to new replies.