Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • crossmax XL
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay Guys,

Looking into upgrading my wheelset, was set on the crossmax enduro but I think the XL will suit me better. Anyone ride the XL? Any problems?

luke1688

I’ve got them on my nomad. No problems so far. Light and stiff. I ditched the tyres straight away. Have run them with maxxis and schwalbe tubeless without issues

crush83
    Free Member

Cool, Not run tubeless myself but think this could be the time to start! They will be going on my pivot mach 5.7. Good to hear you haven’t had any issues with them,

kimbers

Friends that race with the non xl versions have had a lot of issues with the rear hubs, but magic have been good at sorting the, good race support too

stevede
    Free Member

I’d definitely go for the xl’s over the enduros. I’ve had the enduros for over a year and the rear wheel is too flimsy, pretty obvious looking at the spec! I gave up on my rear wheel and had a front rim built up on a 24 spoke crossmax sx hub that I had spare from a knackered grey sx wheel. Much better and stiffer with the bonus of not snapping or losing spokes every few rides.

hatter

Have them on my kili flyer as I wanted a super stiff ‘clydesdale friendly’ trail wheel set, working a treat so far, had to nip up the bearings after the first ride but they’ve been play free and silky smooth since.

I’m fully aware that there are lighter cheaper options but very happy with them, they look ace as well, which always helps.

crush83
    Free Member

Anyone got any pics of them on their bike?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘crossmax XL’ is closed to new replies.