Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crossmax SX V Mavic 721's on Hope
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

guys im thinking about changing my wheels to Crossmax Sx 2013.
    have any of u got any thoughts or dont you think theres that much difference

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What do you use them for?

Find the EX721’s fantastic wheels and it would take a lot to get me away from hope. I’m dropping to XM719’s for trail riding now as the 721’s are a bit overkill out here (I got them on a very special hope clearance deal) so saving a lot of weight going to the 719’s.

What is the aim of the swap?

greeble
    Free Member

Ex721 are dh rims

mikewsmith
    Free Member

greeble – Member
    Ex721 are dh rims

or tough rims that are great for very rocky riding if you don’t mind carrying some extra weight. The whole thats for this and this is for that is just a label in a factory/magazine.

cubemeup
    Free Member

i ride everything on my nomad from DH days to XC i just wont to know really is there much difference between the hubs and rims

Northwind

They’ll perform pretty similiarly overall, but the Crossmaxes will be tubeless ready, and a whole chunk lighter, at the expense of, well, expense.

Money no object I’d have the Crossmaxes, for a trailbike. But my Pro 2s on 721s proved themselves very well.

pitduck
    Free Member

(Money no object I’d have the Crossmaxes, for a trailbike. But my Pro 2s on 721s proved themselves very well. )this 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It was a fairly easy tubeless conversion on my 721’s too.

Money no object I’d have 5 bikes…

second option 2 sets of wheels one for DH & tough stuff one for trail riding.
    edit# both on Hope Hubs with identical rotors for easy shifting over and ro realignment issues

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

It was a fairly easy tubeless conversion on my 721’s too.

Aye, but the Crossmaxes are proper no-messin UST. Never been totally happy with tubeless conversions on Mavic, though I didn’t try with the 721s to be fair, they were always dualply and tubes. I think having proper tubeless has reduced my tolerance of fannying about.

Not sure if it’s still an option but Fulcrum were clearing out Red Zone XLRs recently- might as well be called the Red Crossmax Copy tbh, very pleased with mine despite gaudy stickers and they cost less than half the price.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep layer of yellow tape, rim strip and a set of EXO Ardents on there now. Swapping to the new 719’s when they are ready.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax SX V Mavic 721's on Hope’ is closed to new replies.