Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Crossmax st v crossmax sx???
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

Can anyone tell wots the difference between the both other than 100g and £60/£70??

awh
    Free Member

Mainly the rim width, the ST is suitable for tyres up to 2.3″ and the SX up to 2.5″, I think.

jimw
    Free Member

The SX’s have wider rims, heavier section and are Intended for The more downhill end of AM use, ST’s are more the XC end of the spectrum although still strong and stiff. The hubs are very similar.

somouk
    Free Member

The internal diameter is different on them along with a few other bits, if I have it the right way around the SX is aimed at the burlier end of the market.

Edit: Beaten to it.

cubemeup
    Free Member

Well my current riding is more am with monthly dh day, I’m really unsure on wot ones to go for

Stu661
    Free Member

I have both on different bikes, the SX’s have an internal rim width of 21mm and the ST’s are 19mm. The ST’s only have 20 rear spokes verses the ST’s 24. Both hubs can be converted to all the modern axle standards.

They are both great wheels and as said above the ST’s are more to the light said but still very stiff and strong. If you do get a pair don’t forget to take out the mp3 warranty.

If your more AM with downhill days go for the SX’s

cubemeup
    Free Member

Ok cheers stu that’s wot I was looking for

chakaping
    Free Member

As a rule of thumb, get the sx if you have a 36/lyric and the st if you have a rev/32

Northwind

SX is a brilliant wheel… But, at the price, you could just about get a set of Roval Traversees (or similiar) for your everyday riding and a set of 721s on Pro 2s for your heavy stuff…

cubemeup
    Free Member

guys im having a bit of a blonde moment but will the crossmax sx fit my nomad?? the rear is a 135mm??

jedi

yep they coem with 142 adapors too

cubemeup
    Free Member

i use a 135mm 10mm bolt atm will a 9mm qr work too??? wot options do i have??
    sorry but im lost when it comes to wheels

cubemeup
    Free Member

the SX’s have been purchased!!

ashweee
    Free Member

Good choice, I got myself a set of sx’s over Christmas and I’m dead chuffed with them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax st v crossmax sx???’ is closed to new replies.