Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crossmax Service Help Required
  • bloxster
    Free Member

I have a pair of the very first old school Mavic Crossmax wheels and need to remove the freehub body, but am at a bit of a loss how to do it.
    Unlike the modern crossmax wheels where the non drive side axle end cap is screwed out with a 5mm Allen hey, then the drive side retaining screw is removed by placing a 10mm allen key into the axle, and the freehub comes straight off. There doesn’t appear to be anything in the axle to accept a 10mm allen key in these wheels, and any way to stop the axle from rotating to remove the drive side retaining screw.

Am I going mad and there should in fact be the corresponding hex in the axle to accept the 10mm allen key, or is the freehub removal different on these old wheels.

crikey
    Free Member

Can only go off Mavic road wheels, but look again at the non-drive side; some of them have a kind of end cap that actually pulls off. It looks like the end of the axle, but it's only held on by a rubber O ring. THe allen key bit is under there.

bloxster
    Free Member

The end cap unscrewed straight off, and unless im goind mad, blind or both I cant find anything inside the axle to stop it rotating whilst I remove the drive side setaining screw.

crikey
    Free Member

dunno then, sorry..

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Just take um to a mavic dealer or give one a call. They are very helpful usually and will just tell you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax Service Help Required’ is closed to new replies.