Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Crossmax 2009 bearings …..
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Hi all..
    Anyone know what bearings they are im in need of front and rear full set please.
    Jedi …you had some bud yeah..?
    Any ideas fella please..?
    Also did you give yours some stick pal..? 😆

OwenP

I am going to keep an eye on the answers to this one, my 2009 Crossmax SX has just gone back to Mavic for service, via the LBS!

I wanted to replace the bearings myself, but couldnt find the info on how or what sizes/ bearing types anywhere, even when you use the ‘dealer’ section of the Mavic website to get all the technical info.

When i spoke to bike shops, I was told “oh yeah, Mavic don’t want people doing this themselves, they either send us parts directly or the wheels go to the service centre (Camberley)”

Now, i don’t know how accurate that is (although i have heard it in a few places) but i have to admit i gave in and took my SX to a Mavic dealer. Still waiting to hear how much it’ll cost, cos in my technical opinion, it was “stuffed”.

DezB
    Free Member

I had my (pre-2009) Crossmaxes done by my LBS. It wasn’t too pricey. £30 or thereabouts.

anc
    Free Member

Are you taking about SX’s?

Mavic used to use 6903-2RS (1pcs), 6805-2RS (2pcs), 608-2RS (2pcs); on there 20mm wheels. Not 100% sure if the 2009 ones are this but the earlier ones defo are.

jedi

jv, i have only had mine a week and i am giving them the full riding treatment 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

This might help. Clicky

barbus
    Free Member

I have lots of bearings for the Crossmax SL’s If they are the wheels you have F.O.C. drop me a line.
    I no longer have a use for them as I got rid of the wheels.

mr_mills
    Free Member

My LBS changed all the bearings in my SXs for me. They though at first that they may have “special” bearings in but it turned out they were just readily available sizes (I don’t know the codes) and they used a combination of SKF and Hope bearings.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Mulletus Maximus lol it doesn’t pal i looked thro it ages ago,no bearing references ?? 🙄

barbus cheers will do thanks bud.. 😉

DezB….yeah not bad but 5 bearings for £30 is silly IMO when there around £2.5 / £3.80 ish each depending on quality you go for.
    But LBS will charge for fitting as its easy do-it-yourself job. 8)

jedi…tip top mate give em some stick pal… 😆

anc….are you talking about the all grey ones bud 2008 as id guess fronts are same..back will be different due to the I.D being 12mm for the axle as 2008 were just QR so smaller I.D..

Cheers all and wanting to price a set up as im still 100% sure there nowt special realy but local bearing firm near me gets me SKF cheapish so worth upgrading …think there rear might be 6901 2RS 12x24x6

cheers all… 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Crossmax 2009 bearings …..’ is closed to new replies.