Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Crossmark verdicts please .
  • oldfart

2.1 folding flavour i hear they are quick but are they sketchy and slippery as in the wet?just a dry summer tyre ?

racefaceec90

i have a pair of 2.1’s.overall i like them,but you will find that they do slide around in mud e.t.c but not excessively so though (just my thoughts).

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Great tyre on 2.25 ust. Dry only.

Weasel
    Free Member

Had mine on a month, have been a little bit sketchy in what tiny bits of mud are about but otherwise fine

dreednya

Seem fine as a rear tyre with a 2.2 Rubber Queen on the front of a hardtail. A bit sketchy in mud and wet rock but tends to follow the front. You also have to moderate your braking a bit as you the rear tends to lock up quite quickly eliminating the braking effect.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I agree with the others that the crossmark is OK in dry but sketchy in mud I prefer a Racing Ralph as they grip better in the mud but also are fast rolling in the dry.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Perfect when matched with an Ardent up front IMHO.

Well, perfect on the SS for blatting around Delamere…

Not sure I’d want the same combination on my Heckler..

clubby

If you’re getting a 2.1 make sure it’s the exception version as they come in 62A compound instead of 70A. The softer rubber makes a big difference in the wet.
    Still wouldn’t put one on the front though.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I run one on the rear with a Maxxis Advantage up front.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Ardent front cross ax rearboth 2.25 lust great dry combo

dobo
    Free Member

i’d like to recommend a maxxis monorail as an alternative, nice and lightweight and fast, grips better uphill than a ralph in wet imo. could be paired up with an ardent or advantage on the front for more grip if needed but i use them front and back

Shackleton

Rear use only, 2.25 for a bit of extra cush, 62a as 70 is plain scary if it gets even a little damp. It’s fast rolling so 2.1 is a bit of a waste of time in my opinion.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Only on the rear for my but they are a great summer tyre.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Racing Ralphs & Rocket Rons are better IMHO, far grippier and just as fast

Pooley
    Free Member

Came as OE on my Anthem, fine in the dry, any hint of moist (lovely word) scariest tyre I’ve ever tried. Definately dry weather only. IMO

emac65
    Free Member

Had them in 2.1 for a fair bit now – Good in the summer(well if it’s a dry summer)fast & still grippy when blown up hardish.Not a good front tyre when it gets wet,but still ok on the back if run fairly soft…No good in proper mud….

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I love them for the summer, but as others have said rubbish in thick mud. They roll really well, turn sharp and last a while from my experience. I have 2.1’s never tried other sizes.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Crossmark verdicts please .’ is closed to new replies.