Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Crossfit – Anyone done it?
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Quite curious about it, done many years of on/off split type weight training, then stuff like HST. Getting more interested in just focusing on compound exercises for a few reasons and came across Crossfit.

So what’s it all about?

peajay

Started crossfit about 6 months ago, only manage once a week but doing other stuff as well, thought I was quite fit, found a whole other world of hurt with crossfit, I must say I love it, always different and learning Olympic lifts is really interesting and fun, constantly amazed how simple stuff can mess me up so quickly, can highly recommend it, great fun!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Crossfit?

Its fun.

Its another way to train for sure but you’ll end up being the Jack of all trades in fitness terms rather than master of one. By all means use it for cross-training (I know I will when Im back on the bike). Just be aware that you may come across some who’ve drunk the Kool-Aid…

footflaps

I was told, by the instructors in my gym, that it takes several years to learn to do Olympic lifts properly.

zilog6128

Sounds like they’re typical globo-gym employees, I.e. know very little. Or they’re trying to dissuade you from smashing holes in the floor. I wouldn’t try Olympic lifts without mastering the more basic barbell lifts first though.

The quality of crossfit gyms in general seems entirely dependant on the owner/trainer. If they are knowledgable and enthusiastic then it will probably be a good gym. The comradarie in the sessions is great and can be very motivational.

peajay

This is good, means years of learning to look forward to, always good to stay learning!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Crossfit – Anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.