Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cross-Scotland mountain bike route?
  • alpinegirl
    Free Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any route recommendations for going across Scotland. I was thinking of vaguely Mallaig – Aberdeen/Stonehaven via Kingussie as a possible rough idea, in about a week. But if someone has a recommendation for a whole route, or a section, it’d be great to hear about. We’ll be carrying camping stuff, hopefully in frame bags and are keen to do some decent singletrack bits.

Thanks!

theblackmount
    Free Member

Dozens of options – do a google Scotland ctc.

Bit against the grain this (and the prevailing wind)however,the East Coast and it’s approach is latterly very anticlimatic. Train journey South also rather boring (I presume you are using trains at each end) so don’t rule out ‘going the other way.’

slowoldgit
    Free Member

There’s a book, long out of print I guess, ‘Scotland Trails’ by Tim Woodcock. It goes Glenelg to Montrose.

I did the route years ago with John Fulton’s WildCat Tours.

danti

There’s a good route Fort William to Montrose via Correyairack, Kingussie, braemar etc in this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotland-Mountain-Biking-Wild-Trails/dp/1906148104/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1362482566&sr=1-1-catcorr

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cross-Scotland mountain bike route?’ is closed to new replies.