Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cross riding around Edinburgh
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Any suggestions? Anyone know if there is any sort of path goes up the river almond other than the wee stretch from cramond to cramond brig?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Email me – I have a bunch of good routes.

Beyond crammond brig there is further path up the almond (starts behind the inn)nice stretch of single track for the first part but it dioesn’t go anywhere very much. You can get right along behind the airport but you have to cross the gogar burn where it joins the almond which is none too easy.

Coastal loop is good – crammond brig / shore path to queensferry, old railway to newbridge, cut thru to the canal near ratho canal / wol

Tehre is also a good loop out the innocent railway then cutting thru to the esk and return on the shore

marty
    Free Member

Almond – head over old cramond brig and take a sharp left through the small car park below the bar/restaurant. there’s a path that takes you right up to the railway bridge at the end of the airport runway. there was a path of sorts through to wards kirkliston along the boundary fence, but it’s been 20 odd years since i rode along there (one of my first ever mtb rides).

from the end of the runway, take the farm track up alongside the railway, left then right past farm down to meet turnhouse road, turn left here and head past golf courses, left up tarmac climb and left again into the tip. look for a path hugging the golf course wall and you can follow this into cammo park. not a great deal of interest in there and very busy with dog walkers at popular dog walking times.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cross riding around Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.