Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cross over Biking/Hiking waterproof jacket with hood any out there ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

looking for a cross over biking/walking jacket

With hood (good if it couldfit over a helmet) in Gore-tex or Event.

Have looked at some of the Mountain Equipment ones before.

Anybody advise anything ?

Thanks

sambob
    Free Member

I’ve got a Mountain Equipment Morpheus that i use for riding when i know the weather will be awful. It’s completely waterproof, but it’s not that breathable any more. Still superb when it’s freezing cold and chucking it down mind. Not cheap at RRP, but they can be had for about £150 new.

shredder
    Free Member

thanks sambob thats one of the ones ive seen

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Paramo Quito. Not cheap at around £180 but worth it.

shredder
    Free Member

Will have a look at the Paramo thanks

Diane
    Free Member

Raceface ones can but procured for about half price for last year’s model if you look around

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Customers who bought this also bought…

yunki
    Free Member

there’s a nike a Nike ACG pac-lite called a terra minima that’s bloody great value if you hunt around.. It’s a bit warm in this weather even with the massive pit zips but other than that it’s a bargain in my mind..

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Customers who bought this also bought…
    lol.Was in a well known outdoors shop and mentioned paramo clothing.”Nah, the only people who wear paramo is OAP’s”. I must be ahead of my time 8)

shredder
    Free Member

Lots of ideas quite like the OMM gear the Cypher looks good

chiefgrooveguru

I wear a Paramo Velez for walking/skiing/horse-riding/MTBing though it only gets used for the latter in really wet or cold weather. Quito looks good but they didn’t make it when I bought the Velez five years back.. Everything else they make appears to be cut and styled for the older purchaser – too big in the body, narrow in the shoulders and short in the sleeves. Shame because the few bits of Paramo kit that fit me are fantastic!

amodicumofgnar

Montane make some good kit. I’ve been using the superfly for years – mk2 version not as good as original one but still v.good. Mountain Equipment and Rab are worth a look. All three do some take on a multi sport jacket.

speed12
    Free Member

I’ve just bough a Rab Demand jacket and it’s perfect for mountain biking and walking/climbing. Only 250gms or so and packs up incredibly small but is a full eVent jacket, decent hood and all. It is a ‘smock’ design rather than a jacekt but the zip comes down a long way so easy to throw on. Nice cut as well that won’t billow around in the wind. Price is pretty good too. Definite reccomendation.

sambob
    Free Member

OMM kit is also very nice. Slim fit but still incredibly stretchy and breathable. I’d quite like to get a smock when my ME dies.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Rab Drillium is very good. Event, well-cut, hood is just about helmet compatible and it has a bit of a drop-tail for on the bike.

BadlyWiredDog

Rab Momentum in eVent, the new Active Shell version of the Mountain Equipment Firefox which has a helmet hood – Cotswold has it in now along with the new Berghaus Velum, again GTX Axctive Shell with a whopping great helmet hood – Paramo is too warm for me on a bike except in sub-zero conditions and has the cut from hell.

Numerous others – the new Gore-Tex Active Shell is mostly out later this summer, nice fabric and quite a few new models using it, nice from Haglöfs etc.

stevemorg2

Paramo works fine for me – a bit warm in the middle of summer but then I’d probably be overheating in Goretex!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cross over Biking/Hiking waterproof jacket with hood any out there ?’ is closed to new replies.