Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cross is coming – New bike Friday
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

The first time I’ve ever received a bike before it was supposed to be delivered! What’s happening to the bike industry if we don’t have to wait an agonising extra two weeks to get our shiny toys?

First things to change are the saddle and bar tape. I’ll put on a Specialized Romin in white, but I don’t really want white bar tape, so that might have to be black. Is mis matched OK? I swapped the levers around from euro style last night, but I need to rebleed them I think.

The much talked about ISCG mounted guard on the inside of the chainring looks entirely pointless, as there’s more than a chains width between it and the chainring. I think that will be coming off very quickly.

The quarter turn through-axles seem very simple to use, much quicker than a standard quick release, but I’m not convinced that will be the case in a muddy race, as the tolerances look very tight for the mechanism to work.

MussEd
    Free Member

benji
    Free Member

Very nice, and the new Sram CX1 groupset as well.

Must get my arse into gear this weekend and finish my Niner 🙂

Merak

Happy new bike! I’d keep the bar tape and saddle if it were me. I like em 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yay!! A big up for the proper Crosser!

Looks Ace, now get it muddy 😀

Sandwich

Apparently it’s Rule 8 you require for this, so black saddle and that turquoise blue for the bars, or black, black, black.

eddie11
    Free Member

Lovely.

what are the wheels and tyres?

Apologies if its bleeding obvious I’m looking at a tiny pic on my phone.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

what are the wheels and tyres?

They’re DT Swiss carbon clinchers, with Schwalbe rocket ron tyres attached. I have a set of Velocity major tom tubulars that will be used for racing purposes. These wheels are really good for nothing but posing.

Apparently it’s Rule 8 you require for this, so black saddle and that turquoise blue for the bars, or black, black, black.

Hmm, I’m going to be breaking some rules then. White saddle with pink bar tape for the moment, then black bar tape going on when the racing starts.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cross is coming – New bike Friday’ is closed to new replies.