Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • cross dressing….
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

I never really thought I’d end doing it… But the day is drawing nearer that I have to leave the safety of the house and put myself on display for the world to see. I know there are others on here cos I’ve seen the pictures. Do I wear something tight fitting or hide in something baggy? What about my helmet?
    I feel drawn to those full length tights but the mtber in me won’t let me buy them.
    I’m not sure how my wife feels yet but I’m sure she’ll just laugh at this difficult transition period.
    What should I wear?
    I’m just a fraught bundle of nerves.

creedy
    Free Member

Build it up slowly. Go for comfort. I wear what I like on either depending on mood. My wife laughs whatever. If she doesn’t laugh I change until she does. Makes me go out with a smile 🙂

benji
    Free Member

You can’t race cross without your helmet so that’s one less decision.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Racing is probably a little beyond my comfort zone.. I haven’t been out yet and I’m definitely not considering losing my helmet.

Jamie
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter if you go sports casual….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL61OT8AZ_c[/video]

…or full lycRAAAAAH!

[video]http://vimeo.com/11695455[/video]

flip
    Free Member

I never know what to wear when im angry..

kimbers

Do crossers shave their legs ?

chakaping
    Free Member

but the mtber in me won’t let me buy them.
    I’m not sure how my wife feels

Does your wife know you have an MTBer in you?

Oh, and I don’t want to come across like a tiresome prick, but once upon a time (when men were men) MTBers all wore lycra.

mikey74
    Free Member

Endura Thermalite tights are one of the best items of cycling clothing I have ever bought. They are a godsend through the chillier months.

Be proud of who you are!! Don’t fight it.

mikey74
    Free Member

Doh!!

Jamie
    Free Member

I was going to take a punt on the Thermolite tights, but being a cheapskate, I went for the DHB Vaeon Roubaix for nearly half the price. I guess they will be half as good 😐

samuri
    Free Member

I wear exactly the same clothes when I ride mtb, cross, road and commuting.

Do that. There’s no uniform.

chakaping
    Free Member

I took a punt on the DHB Vaeon Roubaix for nearly half the price. I guess they will be half as good

Not tried the Enduras, but my DHB roubauix tights are very good – apart from having to bunch them up a bit because they appear to have been designed for Peter Crouch.

takisawa2

Bib tights. Avoid bib tights.
    I modelled them for the Wife once.
    In my head I was that rugged hewn dude on CRC ads.
    The reality, my Wife pointed out, was more akin to an aging Wrestler.

Jamie
    Free Member

I tried some bib tights recently, just didn’t see the attraction. The benefit of separate impasses tights for me, is I can use ‘me for running as well in the winter.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member
    Bib tights. Avoid bib tights.
    I modelled them for the Wife once.
    In my head I was that rugged hewn dude on CRC ads.
    The reality, my Wife pointed out, was more akin to an aging Wrestler.

This made me actually laugh out loud, funny ‘cos it’s true 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Always 3/4 bibs for come rain or shine. Winter or Summer. Those and either proper cycling top and merino layer or long sleave Jersey. . socks, gloves (long finger) casquett under helmet.

But most of all….. a smile and sweat.

benji
    Free Member

Bib tights stopping you getting a chill in your lower back and presenting a builders bum to every motorist. The good news is you might look like a wrestler, but you hide that under your shirt, it’s cold out there 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘cross dressing….’ is closed to new replies.