Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cross bike brakes
  • rp16v
    Free Member

ok iv got myself a tricross from a few years with canti mounts,out on todays ride the frogleg cantis bairley worked and have very nasty judder under front breaking which i am told is a trate of the tricross forks
    what would be the best option for change?
    a- mini’vs
    b- standerd v’s with travel adjuster rollerthingys

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Avid Ultimates would be ( and are) my choice…

rp16v
    Free Member

in what size also do u run a adaptor for cable pull?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JoB
    Free Member

i’d raise the straddle wire and replace the brake blocks

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few different brakes none of which have been very good and avid ultimate will be my next purchase.

charliedontsurf

I get good results with these…. And they are only a tad more than pads, and come with pads…

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/genetic-mini-v-brakes—use-with-canti–road-levers-410-p.asp

Only a tenner and offer more power than a canti, and still work with short pull levers like road levers.

sefton
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some trp mini v’s cx8.4’s I’ll let you know once they are fitted

jonba
    Free Member

I used to run mini vees but “upgraded” to cantis.

The mini vees were pretty good and work as is without any adaptation which is (in my view) better.

I changed because of the muddy races and mini vees clogging up. IF you aren’t going to be riding through lots of thick sticky mud then mini vees would be my recommendation.

cp

Mini v’s, I dont even find they clog that much.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mini v brakes are great if you’re happy to set them up close to the rim. You don’t get much mud clearance and you need to keep the rims true but that’s how you get the most power. It’s simple physics really. Lots of lever movement and small arm movement means lots of power due to higher mechanical advantage.

globalti
    Free Member

Wait until hydraulic road brakes come out in the next few months.

rp16v
    Free Member

thanks for the views guys have taken all on board will be getting mini v,s come payday as most of my riding is road work with man made trails and sometimes some sloppy field work
    been looking at the sinz mini bmx brake and the alloy supercross ones that look super sexy will see if i can get them throu the trade end first is so supercross will win

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cross bike brakes’ is closed to new replies.