Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • CROSS BIKE £600ish recomend me one please!
  • feltmountain
    Free Member

Ive been out of cycling for a bit so dont know whats going on!
    Would like a general purpose crossbike for riding around on, commuting on, any links recommendations would be great, thanks in advance, j

grumm
    Free Member

Roadrat?

wwaswas

Specialized TriCross – available for that sort of price in the sales.

feltmountain
    Free Member

What about this?

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    MrAgreeable

The Tricross and the Kona Jake have bottle, mudguard and rack mounts which makes them a lot more practical for commuting or touring. I have a Jake and it handles nicely on and off road, seems to be plenty tough too (I’m the third owner and it’s going strong with no dents or dings).

feltmountain
    Free Member

Yey the Focus has no mudguard eyelets, but i do have a rack that fits any bike, cant you get clip on mudguards?
    The thing that puts me of Kona is they always seem to be hugely overpriced for what you get(compared to mountainbikes they all seem a bit overpriced for what you get TBH), i like specialized bikes, but why is partly brown in colour? brown is wrong for bikes isnt it?

Actually looking at the Focus bike, its got V brakes i doubt any type of mudguards will fit, without fouling on them.

MrAgreeable

You can get Race Blades but they’re a bit rubbish, tend to slip and whatnot. My Jake isn’t a stock build but the complete version doesn’t seem to be a naffly specced as some of their mountain bikes – admittedly some of the Focus ones put it to shame, but then I don’t think there’s much benefit to having fancy stuff like a 10 speed drivetrain on a bike that’s going to be used for commuting, touring and off-road.

clubber
    Free Member

Ridley crossbow – £700 and gets good reviews
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/frames/road/product/crossbow-10733

davedodd
    Free Member

Jon,

Give Ag a ring and see if he still has his Voodoo cross bike for sale.

Just a thought.

Oh, and can I bring my forks over for you to have a look at sometime???

Dave

PaulMc
    Free Member

And don’t let Roger hear you say brown is wrong.

maxturner
    Free Member

Lemond poprad disc, mine for sale at £600

feltmountain
    Free Member

Do you keep the same sizing on a crossbike or go smaller(depending if its a tradition horizontal toptube type of bike, not a compact type)? because im a 60cm in a horizontal TT road bike

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Purists would say go a size down…

Try it, and see how it feels?

feltmountain
    Free Member

Yep thanks for that, im sure an inch isnt going to make a great deal of difference, theres not much seatpost showing on my roadbike anyway, if it ends up a bit low at the front i can flip the stem or something

Teetosugars
    Free Member

If yer anywhere near Manchester yer more than welcome to take mine out for a spin.

clubber
    Free Member

“Do you keep the same sizing on a crossbike or go smaller(depending if its a tradition horizontal toptube type of bike, not a compact type)? because im a 60cm in a horizontal TT road bike”

Same size for me – about 1 cm shorter in the top tube than my road bike.

feltmountain
    Free Member

tee, is yours a size 58cm? how tall are you? Looking at the geometry of the mares the head tube is very short, i might be better off on 60cm, but of course they dont have any of 60cm anyway!

Ed2001
    Free Member

Get a Ridley crossbow you will not regret it they are great.

feltmountain
    Free Member

Is this the one?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Felt, Nah Bru its a 56cm- I’m just under 6ft, and it fits me fine…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘CROSS BIKE £600ish recomend me one please!’ is closed to new replies.