Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cropredy – anyone been?
  • RustySpanner

Fairport at Burnley Mechanics last night – excellent gig and got us both thinking about popping down this year.

Anyone been/going?
    What did you reckon?

Sounds fun and friendly and the line up looks good.

All hints and tips welcome.
    Ta!

globalti
    Free Member

Burnley Mechanics? Blimey… Fairport have come down in the world.

I once jumped out of a National Express coach at Cropredy, walked across a field and pushed through a hedge to find myself within 10 yards of my GF’s parents’ narrow boat. A weekend stuck on that with her and her family was enough to convince me that I didn’t want to spend my life with her.

I expect the festival would be a hell of a lot more fun.

RustySpanner

D’you reckon they could put us up for three days in August?
    🙂

tootallpaul

Been a few times back in the 80’s and it was superb.

Been meaning to go back for a few years now- a great event.

pedropete

Yes, many years ago. Great friendly festival with many interesting eclectic acts. My abiding memory though, is of my brother knocking over the saucepan on the camping stove, which contained the days entertainment – mushroom tea 😉 still managed to get a bit of a buzz from sucking the grass dry…

rOcKeTdOg

Went to a show of hands gig at the church which was fun

CountZero

Wadworth’s is still the main beer sponsor, so what’s not to like? (So’s Tuborg Lager, but does anyone actually drink that stuff?)

brooess
    Free Member

You’ll need to grow a beard to fit in 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve been the last few years and love it. Alice Cooper and Hasyseed Dixie have been recent favourites.

piemonster

Used to live in the next village, I think I’ve been 5 times.

Although two of those was 1 day only affairs. Last visit I think was 2009.

It is a good fun little festival. Used to have around 20-25k at the gate iirc. If you’re into that sort of music then it’s well worth at least one visit.

Oh how I miss the Red Lion. It was never really the same once they ramped up the restaurant.

No particular hints needed I don’t think. It’s so small it won’t take long to find everything. It would be a great family trip, and it’s easy enough to get off site for a few hours in the day to stretch the legs out with a walk. There are (was) two village pubs that you can walk to as well, the Brasenose Arms and The Red Lion (it’s getting dusty in here).

I’d recommend a visit for sure.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cropredy – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.