Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Croix De Fer alternatives . ?
  • bokonon
    Free Member

Was really worth posting a quote and a picture to prove your a pedantic gobshite? Your life..I mean your actual life must be very dull.

In your first sentence, you need an “it” in there somewhere at the start to make it make sense, and at the end of the first sentence it is “you’re” not “your”.

Jamie
    Free Member

First impressions were that It’s really comfy despite the standard Madison prime seat

The Prime is supposed to be a roady version of the Charge Spoon, so should be fairly comfy. I bought one as I couldn’t find a Spoon in the colour I wanted, with the intention being to swap when I found a Spoon So far, no complaints, so going to keep using it.

stanfree
    Free Member

@Jamie , your probably right about the seat . I have Madison Fluxs on my mtb which are very spoon like . I thought about getting a Selle Regal but that is probably more for looks than comfort.
    What kind of tyres are folks using on there CX bikes , the contis which came with the bike are fine and quick on the road and slidy and fun in the mud.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

I run Schwalbe Smart Sams, as they were cheap and seemed ok.

scandalous
    Free Member

Seriously considering something like this. Love my genesis skyline but need gears. Not getting on as well as expected with the disco.
    If the croix had a tapered headtube so could take a full carbon fork to bring the weight down but a pound it would tick all the boxes

Jamie
    Free Member

If the croix had a tapered headtube so could take a full carbon fork to bring the weight down but a pound it would tick all the boxes

Pinnacle Arkose is a similar beast.

Just ally with a tapered full carbon fork.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Not a cx bike but the shand stoater (plus in this pic but I think I could live with the regular one too) looks lovely – love it in this colour

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Croix De Fer alternatives . ?’ is closed to new replies.