Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Croix de fer 20, any deals about?
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Looking for a friend, just wondering if anyone knows of any bargains on a 52cm.

lawman91

pretty much all sold out from what I gather so unlikely to be any deals around. LBS are no longer listing that size on their website so could be in short supply

simondbarnes

pretty much all sold out from what I gather

Not true at all. Still available in both colours in all sizes from distributor. However, sizing has changed this year and they’re now XS, S, M, L, XL…

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Any idea if the 52cm of old is now the S or M of 2016?

lawman91

Ahhhh fair enough! In that case disregard my last post!

52cm this year would work out as XS, I ride a 2016 56cm Genesis Datum which is marked up as medium.

Mister-P
    Free Member

50 and 52 were replaced with the XS for 2016.

If you specifically wanted a 52cm Croix de Fer 20 then it would be a 2015 model and these shops should have stock –

Cambridge Cycle Co
    Arragons Cycle Centre
    Langsett Cycles

There are plenty of 2016 bikes available through all good Genesis dealers.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

52cm would work out as XS, I ride a 2016 56cm Genesis Datum which is marked up as a medium

Err nope. Dunno where you get that idea.

I’ve got the full 2016 Genesis geometry sheet here. And it’s all on the website too.

xs = 47cm
    sm = 50cm
    md = 53cm
    lg = 55cm
    xl = 58cm

A medium Datum is a 52cm….

lawman91

depends how you measure them how, by going on seat tube measurement yes the Datum is a 52cm technically, but they’re measured them by top tube and it’s the way I’ve gone about the sizing as it makes more sense that way when comparing them to other brands. I’m 6 ft 1 and the medium fits me great.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Most people want measurements by seat tube.

lawman91

I don’t see why they would though as seat tube nowadays have next to no relevance to terms of sizing when compact geometry is taken into account. All I see that way of sizing do is confuse people further.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Croix de fer 20, any deals about?’ is closed to new replies.