Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Crocs for bike
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

but you look like Mr Tumbles, and all you’re missing is some bright patchwork dungarees

I only ever wear my crocs with my dungarees!!! 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I use Birkenstocks for instant-on footwear. Can also be worn out and about. Do not ride a bike with spds on in them though, even for a short distance whilst fettling it. It knackers the soles.

It doesn’t matter how many people come on this thread and say they are comfy/ideal for the beach/going for a piss/eating a poncy sandwich at Pret….

YOU STILL LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE NOBBER!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stu170
    Free Member

What’s wrong with some nice flip flops, rather than just giving up on life and wearing crocs

shifter
    Free Member

Flip flops are hideous everywhere except by a pool. Crocs are quite civilised in comparison.

mikeyp

I have turned up for a peaks ride in January without my cycling shoes and had to ride in them. Seemed to work. They are excellent for multi day treks to wear in the evening and unlike flip flops they stay on when crossing rivers

danielgroves
    Free Member

Crocs should be used for one thing and one thing only: burning.

Rachel

+1

welshfarmer

Crocs? Pah. When I wear my wellies out round the farm I cut them down and use them. Great for everything that a Croc would do but far more street cred 🙂

Green Wellie cut downs; the thinking man’s Crocs.

convert

Green Wellie cut downs; the thinking man’s Crocs.

You can’t stuff the hind legs of a ewe inside a pair of crocs quite like you can inside a pair of wellies I’d imagine.

PiknMix
    Free Member

YOU STILL LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE NOBBER!

This.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Useful but ugly. Nothing better for camping or for driving home after a muddy ride. Stay on your feet, can be hosed down.

TiRed

One of the beauties of middle age is not caring what others think. Wear mine as slippers around the house and occasional outside/beach/boat.

And what shoes did you wear to ride Paris-Brest-Paris to compare? 😉

unovolo
    Free Member

Birkenstocks, worn with selvedge denim, whilst sporting a big beard and sipping a leffe blonde

Beards gone for summer and my tipple of choice at the mo is split between Hoegaarden Rose

And Bachata

noltae
    Free Member

I have some crocs style Trek Mates sandles and I’ll second.their practicality – on a warm day there’s nothing nicer than feeling the wind through your toes ! No worries about wet feet either as everything dries up instantly.. They grip pedals really well too .. Backing a crocs renaissance – just don’t colour coordinate them with one’s bike colour accents – that might be a little too tragic!

andytherocketeer

One of the beauties of middle age is not caring what others think

fortunately they increased that, so still more than a decade to go.

still won’t be seen dead in them (crocs, flap flops, or birkenstocks, or SPD sandals).

wtf @ pink Hoegaarden.

Scamper
    Free Member

I have fleece lined crocs. Looking like Mr Tumble and wearing them with equally nobbish looking lounge trousers to nip to the shop really is low down on my list of worries with toddler and baby induced sleep deprivation 😳

It would be interesting to know how many of the naysayers above are in their 40’s and wear fashion trainers 😀

the-muffin-man

I have a pair like these – picked them up at SportsDirect for a fiver after the last World Cup (Genuine Crocs too!) Wear them on the beach and knocking about the house…

convert

the-muffin-man – shush now, you are not helping the cause 🙂

brassneck

I have never, ever found a situation where the ability to remove ones footwear quickly and easily outways my sense of sartorial elegance. It takes about 5 seconds to put a nice pair of trainers on, or sandals if you must.

Whilst we’re at it, flip flops. Around town. On men. Just no.
    It’s the footwear equivalent of ‘jogging’ bottoms.

bearGrease

WTF? Official EDL Crocs?

bearGrease

Birki Boston FTW.

binners

If you must wear them, why not just go the whole hog….

shifter
    Free Member

It’s really sad that you think that way Beargrease.

bearGrease

It’s really sad that you think that way Beargrease.

Don’t you like Birkis?

shifter
    Free Member

I’d rather wear the George Crocs than those Birkenstocks! Deary me.

I’m sure sandals and socks might be quite comfy. Anyone going to own up?

honourablegeorge

Teva flip flops for me, thanks.

But you know, wear whatever you want on your feet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Those birkenstocks do make crocs look like shoes for a night out.

nealglover
    Free Member

Fully neoprene lined crocs are ace.

Other than as beach shoes, I’ve ever been far out of the house in them though.

jruk
    Free Member

I started getting some odd looks in Tesco’s walking around in my crocs, pads, 3/4 length shorts and covered in mud. Then a woman wearing a wetsuit walked in. Exeter really is the epicentre of fashion.

ads678

Hospital workers, Butchers and fish mongers are the only people that can ‘get away’ with crocs!

Any one else is just wrong. Although my bro-in-law swears by his leather ones!!

marczr
    Free Member

This chap manages to cycle tour successfully with crocs as his only shoes

oxym0r0n

SPD Crocs:

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Good for rock-pooling though.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I foresee a Top Gear special 😉

duffmiver
    Free Member

benp1

I was very close to buying some vivobarefoot eva shoes, which are much more acceptable and have many of the benefits of crocs, without looking as ridiculous

Quite spendy though so went off that idea

My son loves his crocs but he’s not even 3 yet. Acceptable on kids, not on adults

hooli

My kids love them but after wearing them for most of the day in hot weather the smell is unreal. Surely this is the same or worse for adults?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Good god, just logged in after a while away and read this thread. Now I know the reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Crocs for bike’ is closed to new replies.