Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Critique this kids bike for me
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

A friend is asking for advice regarding bikes for his two girls, he’s been looking at this

Coyote Crystal

his COYOTE CRYSTAL 18 SPEED contains the following features as listed below :

LIGHTWEIGHT ALLOY FRAME
    HI-TENSILE STEEL FORKS
    18 SPEED FULL SHIMANO GEAR SET
    SHIMANO REVOSHIFT GEAR LEVERS

In Addition to that , the COYOTE CRYSTAL 18 SPEED has,

V TYPE BRAKES FRONT AND REAR
    LIGHTWEIGHT ALLOY WHEELS
    TOUGH DOUBLE WALL ALLOY RIMS
    ADJUSTABLE REACH HANDLEBARS

Further details

COLOUR : SILVER / PURPLE
    SIZE: 24″ WHEEL WITH 12″ FRAME

One of this daughters rides the 20″ wheel equivalent of this one and it’s actually ok, by which I mean not too heavy. Other than the hi-ten forks can’t really think of anything too bad about it.

TiRed

Since he needs two, it looks a good purchase. 24 speed means a freewheel not a freehub. I’m not a big fan of revoshift, but for normal duties I suspect it will be fine. Check it has alloy brake levers. For serious off road, it may want better tyres.

24″ bikes with front suspension also have heavy forks, so on balance, those forks could be lighter! Rigid will go off road.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Thanks, it’s very easy to get carried away and over-spec stuff when friends ask you for advice.

When they do I immediately tell them to get an Islabike, but even for relatively well off people £350 on a kids push bike (and they need 2) seems a stretch for bimbling along prepared paths and riding up and down the street.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

email me for an alternative approach

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Critique this kids bike for me’ is closed to new replies.