Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Critique my new video please……Or just watch it? (Chamonix and Meribel)
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Most of this was filmed in Meribel or Chamonix, for some reason it wont play on an i-device, so its only actual computers. (no idea why)

http://youtu.be/c1ftvtp98Ww

lucien

Someone has taken your video and put some hideous music as the soundtrack which needs fixing, riding looks fine though.

pondo
    Free Member

Are you really eighties BMX freestyle artist Eddie Fiola?

wl
    Free Member

Dull, but no duller than 99.999% of this kind of footage. Still, a worthwhile keepsake for you, presumably. Soz, but you did ask.

06awjudd
    Free Member

Nicely shot, but with the music and build up I was expecting some super gnar downhill shredding, and ummmm, was left a little disappointed.

(no offence to your riding skillz, I’m most people on here could do no better, they were fine but the xc just didn’t suit the music).

Change the music and it would be great.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

What music would you suggest to the non-gnar xc video then?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Despite the fact the riding wasn’t exciting, the fast and varied edit kept me watching, so credit due there. Did I detect some speeded-up footage?? 😉

As a keepsake of your hols it’s a good job, but if there was room for improvement I’d say it needed some narrative or some other soundtrack other than just music. There’s a microphone on your camera for a reason.

Better than many many efforts I see though

plumber
    Free Member

Cut your music to the video

1:12 is the absolute limit for home made videos

06awjudd
    Free Member

What music would you suggest to the non-gnar xc video then?

Not heavy dubstep.

Something more mellow. If were making an XC edit right now, I’d probably use Capital Cities – Safe and Sound, or maybe some Passion Pit.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the riding and the footage is great, just not well-matched with the music, it’s subjective though, so you can disregard everyone’s my opinion entirely if you want.

Good luck with your next edit!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If I ever made a mountain biking vid I’d want to use this, but I’d have to ride in Spain for it to work 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RxGcU2g7OI[/video]

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

I see you’ve cut the video to suit the music, which is done pretty well. Looks like an awesome trip and some nice shots in there. Agree with previous comments about the music (and I’m an electronic music fan) – it’s just a bit too hyper. Also agree with the comment about getting some commentary in there, or a snippet of someone talking.

In terms of music, something like Global Communications might work well – as in this WideOpen video:

pezza
    Free Member

Very nice video. Having never DONE the alps before, do you have any more info on the trails featured. i would love to do a trip next year. any info would be appreciated.

Milkie
    Free Member

Nice edit! I like that you’ve cut the video to the music (and done well) and used not so fast video with the song breakdown. A nice mix of footage too. 😉

I’m of the same opinion about the music, it’s the sort of music for fast/dh type stuff, saying that I used Dubstep in my recent video. 😳

For tips and ideas, I would watch other peoples video’s, that’s how I did it.

jools182
    Free Member

nice video

how much does it interfere with riding?

always looks like a bit of a faff to me thinking about shots, setting camera up for passing shots etc

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very pleasant, good to watch some normal riding and the off the bike shots work so much better than go pro head/chest stuff..

@pezza – just search around on the internet plenty on here (dozens of threads), there is a book of trails for Chamonix called Chamonix Bike Book. The Portes du Soleil (Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/..) is a frequently ridden path for UK bikers on first Alps trips, lots of marked trails and other stuff to discover.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Jools182

I ride a bit faster than my mrs so I get to a hill then film whilst waiting, or see a shot then wait for her to be in it. When riding with mates though, it interferes a lot unless you tell them before hand.
    It is a faff but nice to watch back.

Trekster
    pezza
    Free Member

Thanks Trekster. the flowy/easy trails look amazing. I’m not up for the full on DH. but the trails in that video seemed to look just right!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Critique my new video please……Or just watch it? (Chamonix and Meribel)’ is closed to new replies.