Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Critique my 456 build…bike for missus
  • benz
    Free Member

Missus currently running a Fisher GED frame – slightly heavy and firm….

Got me thinking about a nice pink 456…missus being at top of height range for the 16" 456 but it would fit me fine 😉

Build using swapped components from the GED and some stuff I have lying around garage..

Frame – 16" 456
    Fork – 140mm Recon 335 solo air
    Post – FSA Carbon
    Stem – 60mm 456
    Wheels – EN521 rear, XM317 disc front with Deore disc hubs
    Tyres – Michelin Dry2 in 2.3"
    Brakes – Deore hydraulics 180mm front, 160mm rear rotors
    Chainset – 22/34 Deore squre taper double with Ti bash
    Front mech – Deore
    Rear mech – Deore
    Running 7 speed on rear – SRAM PG 730 12>32

Reckon should make a decent trail/fun bike….?

Know the 456 was down the pecking order in WMB this month, but reckon would make a cracking bike still.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The 456 is no less firm IMO.

Given that the GED is Alu and the 456 is steel, I don't think you'd save much weight either. Sorry.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Looks good. Very similar spec to my spare 16" 456. The 16 runs a 23 inch ETT so is quite long, so check that. I'm 5'11" and run a 70mm stem on the 16 and it fits me pretty well, a tiny bit small but not far off.

As SO says, it won't be light. Comfy though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sounds just like mine.

Its a 16" and I'm 6ft its fine for short rides but my back starts to hurt on long ones but I could do with an FS then anyway.

DSC_0192 by i_ache, on Flickr

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I tend to struggle a bit with the frame sizing of On Ones. I'm 5'7" with long (for my height) legs and a shorter body. My 16" 456 does feel a touch too long even with a short stem, swept back bars and in- line post.

My 15.5" PA on the other hand fits like a glove, I know the PA is more expensive but IMO the extra cash is well worth it … not just for fit but also general quality/finish.

Build you've described sounds alright though 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Critique my 456 build…bike for missus’ is closed to new replies.