Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Critical illness claim
  • ineedsomehelp75
    Free Member

Anyone else had one of these for testicular cancer with L&G and been successful

MoreCashThanDash

My understanding is that critical illness pays out when the prognosis is bleak, which I hope isn’t the case for you.

Is that why they haven’t paid?

I’m making a lot of assumptions here, obviously.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A friend of mine did for just that, not sure of the insurer. Lost a ball but paid off his mortgage!

iainc

Also L&G, made a claim for Prostate Cancer. They refused as they said it was ‘preexisting and undiagnosed’ when I took out the policy, through work, a year earlier – I didn’t challenge it as they were probably correct 😡

Muke
    Free Member

Depends on the insurance company but they are notoriously reluctant to payout unless the cancer is at a certain level, Mine paid out as I had stage 3 Bowel Cancer. Speak to your consultant as he will have to complete the claim forms for you.
    Good luck

lodious
    Free Member

You need to check your policy wording….CIC only covers what’s on the list of covered conditions, and different insurers have different lists.

ineedsomehelp75
    Free Member

Had surgery + 2 cycles chemo. Stage 1 hadnt spread but had vascular invasion of ball removed. Mortgage paid off would be a plus after everything.

iainc

My experience was that they try very hard to not pay out, hope you have a better outcome with your claim.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Critical illness claim’ is closed to new replies.