Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Crisps that disappoint
  • Harry_the_Spider

Walkers Deep Ridge.

Disappointed.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

are they the ones with “man crisps” slapped all over the packet?

if so, they disappoint

PiknMix
    Free Member

Everything that’s not a McCoys. Gosh I miss crisps.

jekkyl

Any ‘crisps’ from Aldi.

bearnecessities

Walkers Deep Ridge

Exactly right.

I also find Walkers in general pretty shonky now; not enough crunch.

sandwicheater

Crisps outside of the UK.

teasel
    Free Member

The entire new range from Phileas Fogg; takes days to get the taste out of your mouth.

headfirst
    Free Member

I started finishing off half a packet of Hula Hoops that my messy teenage daughter had left in the kitchen, but after a couple I thought they seemed stale, not quite the proper crunch factor. A later discussion with said daughter confirmed they were like that when she opened them. I hope it’s just a bad batch rather than falling standards overall. Everything was better in the old days…

hora
    Free Member

Seabrooks Prawn cocktail- they used to be awesome and stronger than what they are now.

BigJohn

Never eat crisps on a Sunday. If you look at the date stamp they’re always best before a Saturday.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Everything that’s not a McCoys

Google says McCoys are responsible for that “man crisps” malarkey.

They disappoint.

RustySpanner

All crisps are horrible.

But I particularly hate:
    Crinkle cut Walkers – Made out of compressed chip wrappers, bile and diesel.
    Anything artisan or hand cooked – like eating a shard of vomit flavoured glass.

Wotsits, Monster Munch or any cheap maize/corn based snack for the win.

onewheelgood

back in the 70s, when Walkers were the underdog, fighting against the industrial might of Golden Wonder and Smiths, they were truly a crisp amongst crisps. These days they are almost entirely disappointing.
    Also disappointing are almost all crisps that claim to be spicy, with the possible exception of Nandos Hot Peri-Peri Crisps.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The entire range from Phileas Fogg; takes 19 years, 5 months and 7 days, 11 hours and 26 seconds to get the taste out of your mouth.

FIFY

Is Disapoint

teasel
    Free Member

🙂 – you must be a Time Traveller.

Anyone old enough to remember Bones, Fangs and Claws?

Maize snacks from the 70s – ace!

DezB
    Free Member

Kettle Chips.
    You get about 6 bland tasting crisps (NOT chips) in every bag. Tesco’s own are 10 times better.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Any pringles in non standard flavours.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Google says McCoys are responsible for that “man crisps” malarkey.
    They disappoint.

Shite marketing awesome crisp 😉

cheekyboy
    Free Member

jon1973
    Free Member

Hedgehog flavoured.

funkhouser
    Free Member

currently hooked on the Snyders of Hanover Pretzel Pieces, the jalepeno ones.

racefaceec90

🙁

WackoAK
    Free Member

McCoys are gash, for crinkle ridge cut crisps Mackies is where it’s at.

binners

headfirst – To test your theory, and address your concerns, I’ve just wolfed down a packet of cheese and onion hula hoops. I am happy to reassure you that they were very crunchy indeed. You must have just got a wrong-un

I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed in a crisp. Along with Greggs pasties, they’re the one constant in my life.

There are only degrees of love. Seabrook cheese and onion at the top. Roast chicken Walkers at the bottom

RustySpanner

Nothing artificial my arse, the bag looks dodgy for a start.

AND THEY ARE NOT CHIPS, FFS.

Is nothing sacred?

Binners, you will shortly have mail fella.
    Have worked out which pile of rubble the laptop is under.

gozarch
    Free Member

Hula Hoops are a poor excuse for a crisp. As are anything ‘lightly salted’. I must admit that it’s hard to beat a packet of salt and vinegar Walkers.

z1ppy

Wotsits, Monster Munch or any cheap maize/corn based snack are crap and should not be brought to any crisp based discussion

FTFY

Kettle chips and tortilla chips should also be added to that (above) class.
    Walkers seems to have lost their way of late (pityful cheddar and bacon of late), but for the most part are still my go to crisp (Smokey bacon… mmmmhh), if their no MacKies* or Burt crisp available.

* had a very disappoint packet of cheddar flavour the other week, should have gone for the haggis one…

bearnecessities

Roast chicken Walkers at the bottom

You’re consuming them incorrectly.

zigzag69
    Free Member

wordnumb
    Free Member

Tyrrells. They lack depth of crunch therefore aren’t really crisp enough to be called crisps. I suppose the company name should be a warning to anyone expecting authenticity.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Walkers “new and improved” Distinctly Salt & Vinegar. The ruination of what was once the perfect packet of crisps.

binners

Roast chicken Walkers at the bottom

You’re consuming them incorrectly.

Do they taste better on a butty? The acid test of any crisp. And where the cheese and onion Seabrook confirms its supremacy

Anyway…. bearnecessities – where were you last night? Eh? I’d been reliably informed you’d be at Bradford uni. I was devastated!

bearnecessities

Alas, work committments. 😥 I should have known the day wasn’t going to go well when I was held up by 6,000 chickens on M62.

I’ll be going this afternoon to the “commoner” opening 😉

batfink
    Free Member

Can you still get Branagans? They did a beef and mustard flavour that was…. well…. mustard.

Pigface
    Free Member

Walkers Beef and Onion has gone AWOL 🙁 now you can’t get them I am craving them.

toby1

On the flip side these really don’t disappoint!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Tesco Taste What Difference.

DezB
    Free Member

Taste What Difference is Sainsburys.

These are the best, sorry finest, crisps you can get

headfirst
    Free Member

binners – Member
    headfirst – To test your theory, and address your concerns, I’ve just wolfed down a packet of cheese and onion hula hoops. I am happy to reassure you that they were very crunchy indeed. You must have just got a wrong-un

Thanks for that binners, I’ll sleep tonight now.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Can you still get Branagans? They did a beef and mustard flavour that was…. well…. mustard.

You can still get them, I remember them blowing my face off in the pub when I was younger. The ham and pickle ones are nice too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Crisps that disappoint’ is closed to new replies.