Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Crisps – how many packets a week ?
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

Potatoes are bad for you now?

Evidently high GI so insulin spikes and one of the reasons we are a nation of type2 diabetics.
    The fat and salt in crisps can’t be helping.

tomhoward

3-4 family size jobs
    Maybe a box of Pringles (yes, yes, I know, but they’re in the same league)
    5-10 multipack ones

prawny

Probably 6 a week for me. Normally the lighter type though (wotsits, quavers etc) so hopefully not too bad.

I ride 40 miles a day commuting though, so not the end of the world either, but I could do with losing a bit of weight, there’s more obvious areas I can lose the calories from though. If I had a scrap of will power.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I never touch them..thought I do like them…those Pringles must have something added to make you never want to put them down! I can eat a full tube when I start and Doritos they are similar.

I think a treat is good like a curry at the curry house all the trimmings and poppadums, as at least with something like that you get some good factors, protein fresh herbs, spices, vegetables. Even fish and chips from the chippy….a bar of good chocolate have some good aspects. I can’t seen any good things with crisps just devoid of anything other than some cheap fats and carb laden. A totally pointless treat. Id say probably one of the worst things for loosing weight too. I’d class them in the fizzy drink category ie don’t touch with a barge pole when walking around the super market

richmtb

Doritos and Kettle Chips (with dip, natch) are a personal weakness

“Bag for Sharing” not in my house it isn’t!

paladin

when you say crisps, do you mean artisan hand cut potato chips made from a rare himalayan breed of potato, fried in ethically produced oil, and seasoned with rare seasonings from a sustainable source?

or do skips count?

jus77
    Free Member

About 2 big “sharing” bags a week on average. They are my weakness, especially during the summer with beer!

iainc

unfortunately I succumbed to a second packet today, albeit I had been for a 1.5k swim in the pool at lunchtime. 21% of my daily fat and 12% salt allowance tho (packet of McCoys) ……

More apples tomorrow methinks….

perchypanther
    Free Member

@iainc – What you need are these…..

iainc

ah, those would work – one of my 5 a day too 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

one a week – hula hoop Friday.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Currently on a self imposed ban after eating too many of these on holiday.

soobalias
    Free Member

nil.

till i hit one of my carb binge fridays…. huge pizza, garlic bread and kettle chips (with red wine) usually wake up saturday so dehydrated i crinkle.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

at least one pack per day, sometimes 2, if out drinking add about 5 more 😆

forget chocolate, crisps for me all day long

trailhound101

In an attempt to try and give up the habit I crushed a few cheese and onion crisps onto a large plaster and stuck it to my upper arm like a nicotine patch.

Needless to say it didn’t work and I got into trouble with Mrs H when it came off and the bed got full of crushed crisps.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Crisps – how many packets a week ?’ is closed to new replies.