Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Crieff Hydro
  • crankboy
    Free Member

Due to my usual level of domestic incompetence I am on holiday next week with nowhere booked . We that is crankygirl and 4 year old crankbrat snd i ,
    are looking at a few nights in the Crieff Hydro it seems reassuringly expensive but some of the TripAdvisor reviews coupled with the management responses are concerning . I have never had a bum steer off here and wonder if anyone has any views on the Crieff Hydro either way.

matt_outandabout

Doubletree at Dunblane is much better, as is Monachyle Mhor.

Both I know folk who work there, and they are brilliant.

Dunblane is central, quick to city and hill, Monachyle is out there remote.

Shackleton

Been there for overnight works dos and it is OK for all we needed. Good for younger kids (pool, playground, woods, horses). Comrie croft trails just down the road and there are some fun little trails in the woods behind 30 seconds from the door. Staying in the big house is like any other hotel but there are small chalets dotted about that I’m told are much nicer to stay in for any length of time. Food was perfectly good, particularly as they were catering for 600 with our University department!

Never had any issues with anything but like any hotel it is a bit anonymous.

thegreatape
    Free Member

We had an enormous house there a couple of years ago – the in laws plus three young families including ours. House was lovely. The activities booking was quite a ball ache as I recall, and I ended up not doing any. Apart from novelty golf or whatever it’s called. On reflection, I don’t think I’d bother going back, but I might be unduly influenced by the usual extended family holiday saga of sitting around waiting for everyone else to come up with an impossibly complicated and bound to fail plan to try and accommodate everybody’s unrealistic expectations. Some of my colleagues go regularly and love it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Crieff Hydro’ is closed to new replies.