Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • Cricket World Cup – Spoilers obviously
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Great batting and an awesome catch though

grum
    Free Member

Wow that’s a big total already. I can’t see them chasing it down either even if Gayle gets another double-hundred!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

50 from 15 balls…
    1 over to make 22 and get 400?

tiggs121
    Free Member

WOW!

I thought they might get to 360 with 5 overs to go!

409 to win…..no chance.

sputnik
    Free Member

BOOM! Gayle clean bowled

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the leccy bill for the floodlights is going to be a bit less this week

grum
    Free Member

Amazing finish to the NZ vs Australia game. Will have to find some highlights. Always good to see Australia lose too. 😀

kiwijohn

They could’ve done it a bit sooner though. Didn’t need to give the Aussies those last 30 runs.

dannyh
    Free Member

Going back to the WI/SA game for a minute. As bemoaned after England’s early games, what happened to sticking it in the block hole late in the innings? I know that batsmen are better at scoring from it these days, but as Jason Gillespie said, it is still the best ball at the death. Windies bowled a load of gun barrel straight, military medium filth on a length or halfway down – especially at De Villiers. He was amazing, but the bowling and fielding contributed!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well 4th place is the group will be an achievement for England…

Despite looking a bit better with the Bat there was never that explosion that the other teams have to accelerate the scoring. The bowling never looked to put any pressure on Sri Lanka and will need to change something.

slackalice
    Free Member

I went to bed feeling a little heartened that 309 was defendable… 😆

Strikes me that there is little in the way of confidence within the team and would proffer that this stems from poor leadership from the coach down. It pains me to say it, but I’m thinking that the diva, KP, had a point…

bloodynora
    Free Member

Deeply unhappy with Morgan as captain.
    Refusing to sing our national anthem for
    ‘Personal reasons’ is an insult to be honest.
    Hope we continue to fail miserably just So
    We can get rid of him. Lead from the front IMO

tiggs121
    Free Member

England have simply got the wrong mentality for this type of cricket. Way too conservative with the bat and too passive with the ball.

However…they will qualify and then who knows?

As for Morgan..good player but no better as captain as Cook. I’d drop him, bring in Hales drop Bell down to 3 and make him captain. Oh…and give Bopara a ticket home!

dannyh
    Free Member

I went to bed feeling a little heartened that 309 was defendable…

300 is the new 230!

It just isn’t doable on a regular basis. England have always been about five years behind in the 50 over stuff.

Moores just looks like a jobbing type of coach. Got all the ‘badges’ or ‘levels’, and knows the doctrine he has been taught inside out. The problem is that he is a product of the age of nurdling the ball around in the middle overs then trying to tee off when it is too late.

On the plus side, no one gave England much of a chance anyway, so it is not as if they are genuinely squandering an opportunity.

dannyh
    Free Member

As for Morgan..good player but no better as captain as Cook. I’d drop him, bring in Hales drop Bell down to 3 and make him captain. Oh…and give Bopara a ticket home!

One problem with that. Bell has never expressed any desire to captain at any level (and I admire him for being true to himself in that regard).

As for Bopara, he has always been crap at international level. A real lead-booted clogger with the bat, average to poor in the field, and his bowling would get pasted by most decent club batsmen.

theotherjonv

I bet cookie’s had a lovely winter so far. Indoor nets and preseason with Essex, watching the team ‘on the verge of something special’. Admittedly, being humped by all and sundry is remarkable, if not special.

dannyh
    Free Member

The other bright spot for me is that I don’t give a shit about the limited overs Mickey Mouse stuff anyway!

I’d much rather someone like Cook did miss out on this stuff and concentrate on getting himself in good nick for test matches.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

loodynora – Member
    Deeply unhappy with Morgan as captain.
    Refusing to sing our national anthem for
    ‘Personal reasons’ is an insult to be honest.

I’ve not seen a national anthem sung in any of the games as with something that lasts that long missing the build up/1st over doesn’t make much difference, it doesn’t bother me at all – he also said he has never sung one.

The team has much bigger problems.
    the biggest of them all is they still haven’t worked out how to play modern 1 day cricket. Perhaps it would help if they fed the commentary direct to the players. For once try what they suggest it can’t get worse.

theotherjonv

@dannyh; True. But the Aussies are coming, and while one day and test matches (and teams) are two different flavours of gravy, I’ve got a nasty feeling starting to creep in that we’re on for a humping there too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just watching Aus Vs Afg, The afgans are giving them a bit of fun at the start. Think England might be looking at a bit of tour up the coast or some sight seeing…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And things getting interesting in the rest of the group with the Scotts posting a good total, could do England a big favour with a win here – oh the irony

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2 good games on here now.
    Big ask for AB against Pakistan, so long as he has partners it’s always possible and Ireland have a great total down in Hobart…

theotherjonv

Ireland Zimbabwe shaping to a good finish.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

been a very good afternoon/evening of cricket so far. All fun down in Hobart. Couldn’t call either game really.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ireland to go further than England?

theotherjonv

That’s a poor decision.

lemonysam
    Free Member

kinell…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

madness in Hobart (apart from Mona, the Spiegeltent and I believe the Village People playing)

theotherjonv

Great decision, getting Mupirawa in!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Kinell…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

come on Ireland

So pissed off that it’s only on Fox for anything that isn’t Oz here. Though the ABC guys are loving it here 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

Top commentary on that last ball. You’d not catch Aggers doing that…

aracer
    Free Member

Wow!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Were you lot on the same commentary with the Irish fella?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Were you lot on the same commentary with the Irish fella?

Yup

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

won more games than England too…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the hopes of seeing the locals cry again are slipping away, but another great game. Been some crackers so far and the best still to come?

lemonysam
    Free Member

This is going well…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

one way of putting it…
    Once Taylor is settled they need to hit it, maybe time for the power play.

Houns

I kinda hoping England lose 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Cricket World Cup – Spoilers obviously’ is closed to new replies.